Forgetful moment

Robert Poste's Child

Apologies if there's already a thread on this.

I'm overcome with embarrassment. Couldn't find the teabag after I poured boiling water into the cup, but mysteriously contents of cup were right colour. I looked into the kettle: contents were the same colour. I'd put the teabag in the kettle.

If you have a senior moment or any other example of absentmindedness that might make me feel less bad, please do share it.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Apologies if there's already a thread on this.

>

> I'm overcome with embarrassment. Couldn't find the

> teabag after I poured boiling water into the cup,

> but mysteriously contents of cup were right

> colour. I looked into the kettle: contents were

> the same colour. I'd put the teabag in the

> kettle.

>

> If you have a senior moment or any other example

> of absentmindedness that might make me feel less

> bad, please do share it.

Carefully unscrewed blocked trap full of water under kitchen sink. Carefully pulled it out with both hands, holding it very steady so as not to spill a drop of dirty waste water. Carefully poured contents directly down the plughole from which I'd just removed the trap...

Or my Christmas Day triumph last year, after simmering a pan of vegetables and herbs for over two hours to make a delicious stock for gravy, grabbed a sieve (drink may have been involved by this stage of the cooking)and drained off all the liquid straight into the sink, leaving me with a pile of soggy veg and ultimately, a gravy made with granules...

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> Apologies if there's already a thread on this.

>

> I'm overcome with embarrassment. Couldn't find the

> teabag after I poured boiling water into the cup,

> but mysteriously contents of cup were right

> colour. I looked into the kettle: contents were

> the same colour. I'd put the teabag in the

> kettle.

>

> If you have a senior moment or any other example

> of absentmindedness that might make me feel less

> bad, please do share it.

This really should be in the Top Tips thread RPC.

OR

The first time I ever cut a wooden worktop to put in a kitchen sink. I'd spent ages positioning the sink so that it was equidistant to the front and back of the new worktop and perfectly square. Drew round it and carefully cut along the pencil line. Cleaned all the sawdust away and lowered the sink into position only for it to plummet straight through into the cupboard below.

You're supposed to cut inside the marked line so that the sink has something to rest on.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been a solid wood, custom made and fitted worktop that cost me nearly ?1000 to replace.

Oh god that stock thing I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I've watched in a kind of hazy slow motion dismay to see my carefully cultivated golden elixir going down the drain only to realise too late.

Go upstairs & then not known what I've gone up for. Started doing something else then half way through that realise why and have to hurry to finish things.

Cables. I have a horrendous time with these. Unplug then move a lamp or something in a room and I always unplug the wrong things. Forget to plug things back in then wonder why they're not working.

Baking. I quite often just guess weights instead of meticulously measuring them out. My slapdash approach usually works but have been known to omit a key ingredient eg sugar

Library. Chosen new books to read only to remember a few chapters in that I've read them. Doh.

womanofdulwich Wrote:

> Cant find my glasses, turn the house upside down,

> catch sight of myself in the mirror and they are

> on my head.........

I do that ALL the time... Not just on my head (I never do that) I mean actually wearing them..

DulwichFox