Help, Farage is spoiling my pub

malumbu

He sometimes frequents it. It's not the Westminster Arms but not so far away.

Serious suggestions

(a) Ignore him

(b) Politely tell him what I think of him

© Talk loudy and facetiously about what Brexit means to me

(d) offer him uptipped high tar fags and hope these will fastrack his demise.

(e) Ask why he is drinking amongst the people he loathes

(d) is not a serious option as untipped Capstan Full Strength or Players Navy Cut don't exist any more.

Freaky that this thread is now under 'Man of Kent' - I hope that this is a pub not a rally call for Farage.

Should have added before you get on your high horses that all are entitled to free speech, and quiet entertainment. But big difference between taking your family out for a nice pub lunch, as opposed to having a beer with your party mates in Westminster.

if its the pub I'm thinking of, loads of politicians drink there and there's never any aggro as its a really well run pub. Just enjoy your night out with whoever you're at the pub with. If he goes there every night and becomes a regular that's different than if he is only there sometimes.

My mate (former user of this forum from way back) saw him the day of the result in a pub and walked up and said "wanker!" right in his face. He said he felt a bit better about it, and that Farage looked nicely taken aback considering he was surrounded by his croonies.

I'd have loved to have seen it, because I just can't imagine it (although I do believe it).

The problem with this whole "let's show politicians we don't like their message" is that most people around here are rather measured and reasonable people.

But once this sort of idea spreads to the less measured and reasonable, you end up with a Jo Cox style incident.

Wow, that?s a bit of a leap from calling someone a wonker, to murdering them. His presence does offend me and he has pedalled hatred, intolerance and total bollox, which is why he should be held to account. But how you do this appropriately and subtly is beyond me.

Thanks for your posts though which have given me some nice food for thought. Particularly like the last one.

I read 'nut' hin as 'knob him' - now there would be a stunt.

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You people are as bad as Anjem Choudary, and

> trying to negate the democratic process is not

> measured and reasonable Loz

You do love a bit of name calling, don't you uncle? A couple of weeks ago the left were all Nazis, now we're all like Muslim hate preachers. And how is Loz's "Let's show politicians we don't like their message" trying to negate the democratic process?

Saffron Wrote:

> peckham_ryu Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Everyone should have the right to a quiet pint.

> > Even Farridge.

>

> "Farridge". Lol. Nestl?'s new porridge for

> racists?

No

It's a Pokeman. I'm going to capture this Farridge.

rendelharris Wrote:

> uncleglen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > You people are as bad as Anjem Choudary, and

> > trying to negate the democratic process is not

> > measured and reasonable Loz

>

> You do love a bit of name calling, don't you

> uncle? A couple of weeks ago the left were all

> Nazis, now we're all like Muslim hate preachers.

> And how is Loz's "Let's show politicians we don't

> like their message" trying to negate the

> democratic process?

Of course he does, it's better than actually engaging in debate with people. You ask him a direct question and he ignores it, preferring to show up in a thread and chuck comments like that in. It all feeds his deeply-rooted sense of superiority, which is ironic given what he thinks of people who disagree with him.

He hasn't got any actual points to make, he just likes being abusive.

malumbu Wrote:

> Wow, that?s a bit of a leap from calling someone a wonker, to murdering them. His presence does

> offend me and he has pedalled hatred, intolerance and total bollox, which is why he should be held

> to account. But how you do this appropriately and subtly is beyond me.

You can call him whatever you like on a local forum, but the minute you decide to accost a politician in person when they're effectively off duty you cross a line that I don't think should ever be crossed.

In a sober moment I dom't think there is an issue in asking him why he is so xy and z, and saying that it is sad the impact that he has had. A man of no doubt some intelligence and good education who has stoked up a hatred and a divided society. Perhaps ask him what he thinks of Oswold Mosley. Dennis Pennis could do it just brilliantly.

Loz Wrote:

> You can call him whatever you like on a local

> forum, but the minute you decide to accost a

> politician in person when they're effectively off

> duty you cross a line that I don't think should

> ever be crossed.

I pretty much agree. Maybe there's a point when a politician's actions or policies become so vile that confrontation is justifiable (actual proper racists/fascists maybe), but someone like Farage isn't in that bracket.