Dog poo

goldilocks

Someone has let their dog poo just outside East Dulwich station near the entrance to the London Bridge platform. Lots of poeple have clearly walked in it and it's pretty spread over the pavement. I've reported it on the email link on Southwark Street cleaning website but does anyone know if this actually prompts any action?

Unfortunately all too common around here. Not sure about further up lordship lane, but in the Townley/woodwarde/beauval/calton quadrangle, the amount of dog mess makes it feel like an obstacle course sometimes. I've confronted a dog owner on one occasion, and got the usual, 'I dont have any bags on me' response. I find the attitude of some of these dog owners absolutely baffling and infuriating.

Cats cr@p in my garden, thank you for asking, and yes we do complain, as well as throw water and spray the garden as for deterring foxes. In the hot weather last week my garden was unusable due to the smell of hot cat poo.

Also plagued by fox poo as well as the occasional dog. None of my neighbours seems to do anything about it so I usually clear it up before any of their little darlings get a chance to walk it all over the place.

Walking and jogging in the park is a similar problem, particularly the sand track in Dulwich Park which blends in with it.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why is it so difficult to wash off. What

> evolutonary benefit does it gives dogs making

> their crap so sticky (and smelly)

its about what dogs are fed - dogs fed on good quality dry food don't produce that kind of disgusting mess.

people who are inconsiderate enough to leave it lying there aren't going to be considerate to their dogs either.

i've also been told that fox poo is disgusting for the same reason, because foxes generally scavenge

Cats crap in the gardens of people who do not have cats- like me and RPC (?). This is because cats are pets for lazy people who train them NOT to crap in their own garden There are lots of cat owners in ED judging from the Lost and Found and that thread on the cat killers so most people would not post about cat poo since they are guilty of the production of tonnes of it (not to mention the death of 250 million songbirds a year and toads etc). Anthropomorphism will be the death of us all.....