Behind closed doors eating habits

Otta

Do you ever eat at home in ways you wouldn't dream of in company?

I just made a lovely beef casserole with mash. And being as no one was around, I mashed that bad boy all together on my plate in to one ugly but delicious mess.

I then used my finger to wipe up the gravy.

Yeah I did!

Just one of the things I have done since I was a kid and never grew out of.

Most of time when I cook at home and no-one's in or coming over for the food, I eat it stood up in the kitchen holding the plate in my hand like a tray. Ideally over the sink, but I will 'raise my game' to leaning against / over a kitchem worktop sometimes. I far prefer eating this way (has to be in the kitchen) than sitting down.

Sitting down / at a table feels overly formal for me and takes too long. Of course, nobody agrees with me or can see why I do this.

KK I do exactly the same.

I grew up in a sit around the table at dinner time kind of family. But our household has none of that. The kids have their little table, but it's very rare we'll actually get the dining table set up.

I do think my kids like it when we go to my parent's for a sunday roast and donit "properly" though.

If a meal is sufficiently toothsome I will lick the plate, occasionally, sadly ignorant of conventional mores, while standing by the window in my pants looking out onto the street.

I generally don?t hold with ?cleaning ones plate? in a restaurant unless my dining companions have all gone out for a cigarette but if I should pass out into my dinner, I will take the opportunity to sneak in a couple of slurps while I'm down there.

steveo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If a meal is sufficiently toothsome I will lick

> the plate, occasionally, sadly ignorant of

> conventional mores, while standing by the window

> in my pants looking out onto the street.

>

> I generally don?t hold with ?cleaning ones plate?

> in a restaurant unless my dining companions have

> all gone out for a cigarette but if I should pass

> out into my dinner, I will take the opportunity to

> sneak in a couple of slurps while I'm down there.

Did you say licking the plate or the window Steveo?

DulwichFox Wrote:

> When i'm feeling rebelious... I drink English

> Breakfast Tea at 3 O'Clock in the Afternoon.

>

> Foxy.

I daresay the East Dulwich Tea Party shall go down in history as a rebellion on a par with its Bostonian counterpart...

ruffers Wrote:

> When making beans on toast I always leave a few

> beans in the tin and eat them cold while those in

> the pan are heating up.

Ooooo, now that is nasty.

Otta Wrote:

> ruffers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > When making beans on toast I always leave a few

> > beans in the tin and eat them cold while those

> in

> > the pan are heating up.

>

>

> Ooooo, now that is nasty.

This is me every single time!

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> Toasted hot cross bun and salami, for example, or ice cream

> with granola, or small boiled potatoes dipped in

> proper mayonnaise.

Ice cream with granola... or boiled potatoes with proper mayonnaise.. these both sound pretty posh to me.

But hot cross bun with salami is certainly a curve ball.