Forum Sponsors

Daisylets Residential Property Management

www.faithinfinance.com

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messagewhich is best A4 or A3 printer for photos/graphics etc?
Posted by Minitoots 18 October, 2016 20:42

Another of my printers has just bitten the dust( - this one was an old Epson stylus photo 900)so I am looking for a new one for printing photos, graphics and artwork as well as general stuff. I've had Epson and Brother ones before which have all been ok - any other recommendations? I am looking for something that does not cost a fortune in inks. I've often used the 'compatible inks' previously but plan to use the real thing this time while it is within warranty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 10, 08:44am by Minitoots.

messageRe: which is best printer for photos/graphics etc?
Posted by DulwichFox 19 October, 2016 10:29

Hi Minitoots..

I have an Epson R1800 that I have not used for some time.. It prints up tp A3+ and produces high quality prints.

It is currently gathering dust and taking up too much space and I need to get rid of.

You are welcome to have it for FREE.

DulwichFox

Posted by Sue 19 October, 2016 18:16

If you don't take up Foxy's kind offer, do not on any account get a Canon.

The following link has 127 pages of people who now have unusable Canon printers due to what appears to be a firmware error which Canon refuses to either fully acknowledge or fix.

They lost a class action in the States, but people did not get properly compensated. The problem is not restricted to just one or a few models.

Both my son-in-law and myself had to bin our Canon printers due to this fault, and neither of them was very old. It was very annoying as up till then I had been very pleased with it.

[community.usa.canon.com]

I've got an Epson now which on the whole is OK, though since getting a new laptop with Windows 10 I can't get it to scan to the laptop despite downloading new drivers, though I'm working on a fix sad smiley

Apparently it's a well known glitch sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2016:10:19:18:17:42 by Sue.

Posted by Minitoots 19 October, 2016 20:28

I've sent a PM to you re your generous offer, DulwichFox-thanks!

Posted by TwinkleToes January 10, 08:52AM

I've always found Epson the best for artwork and the inks are not as expensive for newer models, especially if you can buy the economy size individual ones. I'll check the model no I currently have and send you a PM later.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed