which is best A4 or A3 printer for photos/graphics etc?

Minitoots

Another of my printers has just bitten the dust( - this one was an old Epson stylus photo 900)so I am looking for a new one for printing photos, graphics and artwork as well as general stuff. I've had Epson and Brother ones before which have all been ok - any other recommendations? I am looking for something that does not cost a fortune in inks. I've often used the 'compatible inks' previously but plan to use the real thing this time while it is within warranty.

If you don't take up Foxy's kind offer, do not on any account get a Canon.

The following link has 127 pages of people who now have unusable Canon printers due to what appears to be a firmware error which Canon refuses to either fully acknowledge or fix.

They lost a class action in the States, but people did not get properly compensated. The problem is not restricted to just one or a few models.

Both my son-in-law and myself had to bin our Canon printers due to this fault, and neither of them was very old. It was very annoying as up till then I had been very pleased with it.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Call-to-Arms-for-the-dreaded-U052-Wrong-Printhead-Error/td-p/65759

I've got an Epson now which on the whole is OK, though since getting a new laptop with Windows 10 I can't get it to scan to the laptop despite downloading new drivers, though I'm working on a fix :(

Apparently it's a well known glitch :(

• 2 months later...