Halloween - scary stories

lavender27

True Story

I was on an early shift, it was a dark dark morning and the snow had fallen overnight, I still lived at home. Mother always liked to do the washing on a Sunday night so all her boys had clean working clothes for the week.

I tip toed about to get ready trying not to make too much noise, the creaking floorboards that I was familiar with I tried to miss, but having a tank full of booze the night before I was still possibly pissed and bounced off a few things and misjudged the creaking floor.

I managed to leave through the back door and into the yard, it was nippy and with my tool bag on my shoulder proceeded very slowly down the path to the gate. I looked ahead and saw a ghostly figure standing at the fence, it didn't move, shitting myself, I called out 'hello, what do you want' 'why are you standing at my gate' they did not answer, they did not move, I approached with caution as i rummaged around for a weapon in my bag, when all of a sudden there was a slight breeze and it moved towards me, my weapon at the ready and realised I was attacking my mothers frozen flannelette nightdress!!!