Planning Applications - how to access older documents ????

intexasatthe moment

When Southwark's online site re planning applications was re jigged a few years ago I noticed that it was not possible to access documents relating to older applications .

This has bugged me for a while - partly because I enjoy their historical content but mainly because they provide useful information on how Soujthwark handle planning applications and objections .

Now I find that public comments made less than 2 years ago ( may not relate to all applications but certainly to the one I'm interested in ) are no longer available to view .

Does anyone know how to access older records ? I'm guessing it involves phoning Southwark ,personally visiting the office ?

Anyone feel that is very unhelpful ?

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The website has never worked for me at all.

> http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-appl

> ications/ won't load and just times out. Anyone

> else? (The map view works better, but is very

> clunky and dated)

You may have blocked this page accidentally. It always works fine for me, even on my phone!

How far back are you looking? I've just checked and I can see the planning applications for my house which was 2005/7 - as you say the new system means that you need to search for them all over again as all the links have changed.

I can also do a search for applications in 2001/2 which seems to work fine - use the Advanced Search and put in a date range and then narrow it down.

No idea about the comments though.

AbDabs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You may have blocked this page accidentally. It

> always works fine for me, even on my phone!

Thanks. Must be something to do with the company internet (proxy/filter gubbins).

Ah, apologies, I was slow on the uptake. What's odd is that documents are only not available for decided applications. If the application was withdrawn or found to be non-compliant there is a link to the Archived Planning TP Case files which has the final decision letter on it.

I wonder if they only keep documents for a set period - 10 years for example. I think you're right the only way is to ask them direct.