Jehovah Witnesses

lavender27

1. How can you stop Jehovah Witnesses coming to the front door.

2. If they do ring the door bell, what to say to make them go away.

I am fed up with them, they disturb the day, when I'm busy, I am not interested in what they have to say and then they try to give me "Watchtower" I am not interested in that either. I did talk to them once and they spouted off about not taking or giving blood. If they are happy not doing that, that is their prerogative. If I wanted to know about JW's I would go and find them, I don't.

My friend had a blood donor sticker in her front door glass- worked a treat.

Since they succeeded in dividing my family I use their visits to rant.

They are totally insidious- they actually sent two of their congregation to sit at my nephew's bedside after a serious accident in which he lost a lot of blood, to make sure he didn't have a transfusion- and he wasn't even baptised or whatever they do to become a fully-fledged deluded individual.

If you tell them you are 'Dis-fellowship' they will run away screaming as if pursued by old Nick himself.

Being made dis-fellowship is reserved for those JW's who have committed an act such as adultery. I know as I had a male relative who had an affair with a married female JW and she was effectively tarred and feathered and cast out into the wilderness for having the affair. Her entire extended family who were all JW's shunned her and wanted nothing to do with her.

I've used it and it works a treat!

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I just say no thanks. Don't understand why people

> feel a need to lie to them or say something

> inflammatory.

This. Though a friend of my Dad's, who's about eighty and has a very impressive long white beard, is fond of answering them "Oh good, I'm Jehovah - how are we getting on?" They don't knock there any more.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> I just say no thanks.

Same here.

Though my ex used to ask them in for a cup of tea and ask them questions they couldn't answer.

They didn't come back (well, not the same ones, anyway!)

Interesting debate on Nicky Campbell when they got people to call from both sides.

I usually say no thank you straight away. But at times I will debate - God sent them to my house so I could convert them, or my best one is to wish a plague on all humans so the planet could recover.

However, if Mr and Mrs Hall are alive, Martin Hall's parents, a plague on you for fightening a 8 year old shitless in 1969/70 with your tales of the end of the world and quoting me literally from the bible. Now that was evil

These days I tend to close the door saying not interested and don't give them a chance to get a word in edgewise.

When I was growing up we had a family living next door (who despite their religion were actually nice people), but we did seem to get more of their fellow witnesses knocking on the door then despite us being Catholic (long since lapsed). I can recall us hiding and pretending not to be in most of the time to avoid being overtly rude given their connection with our neighbours.

However, I can recall choosing to debate with them sometimes and they generally got frustrated and went away as I knew enough about what they believed to be able to be somewhat annoying. Blood transfusions was a good one - aside of the glaringly obvious fact that the people writing the bible couldn't have said "no blood transfusions" as they wouldn't have known what they were, the verses they relied upon seemed to be clearly about the practice of eating kosher meat which they don't follow.

edhistory Wrote:

> Great fun ganging up on a minority group.

>

> https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/75/d0

> /bc75d086e677d94a1f35b884b9c5846e.jpg

I don't think anyone is suggesting ganging up on them, but they choose to knock on people's doors uninvited, often at awkward times (too early at the weekend) and can be very pushy, so they can expect not to always be given a warm welcome.

During a discussion with one of them the subject of the environment came up. One of them said 'Don't worry about that, when Armageddon comes the whole earth will be cleansed'- What a cop out!...also they believe that the anointed ones will be 30 years old forever. And they ask if you have children- at which point I ask them if they have children- and how come they aren't with them on a Sunday morning?....

( btw a new word on me- 'eschatology')

DulwichFox Wrote:

> I just wish them well and send them on thier way..

> I do not argue about their beliefs..

> They are entitled to them..

>

> I never argue about Religion..

>

> DulwichFox

A good policy generally, but if someone comes knocking at your door, disrupting your evening and randomly asking to discuss their beliefs with you, then they are literally inviting criticism.

I tend to politely take their leaflet and say thank-you. I've never found them to be rude or pushy and so I don't see the need to respond in an unfriendly manner. Following that off they go. It takes up a few minutes of my time, no more than the gas man wanting to read meters for other people's flats or signing for other people's deliveries.

It might help if JWs could add to this discussion but my understanding is they don't tend to use the internet

binkylilyput Wrote:

> I tend to politely take their leaflet and say

> thank-you. I've never found them to be rude or

> pushy and so I don't see the need to respond in an

> unfriendly manner. Following that off they go. It

> takes up a few minutes of my time, no more than

> the gas man wanting to read meters for other

> people's flats or signing for other people's

> deliveries.

Isn't it 'The Watchtower' and you have to pay.