Best route from Wembley to SE22 whilst wearing a kilt

DovertheRoad

Win 2-0 with a particularly special second goal (sadly not available on Youtube). Then invade the pitch after the final whistle. Break the crossbar. Dance around with Rod Stewart. Wait for most of the England fan/s to go home. And then it should be fairly easy to get home.

Alternatively sing Engerland Engerland Engerland, God Save the Queen, and FO Europe, and they will think that you are an England fan. You can practice by watching Questiontime on Thursday and shouting at anyone in the slightest bit liberal.

Or pretend to be Russian, and the queues will part like the red sea.

Good luck - it's a pity that your team has become so weak in the last 20 years. So much more passionate than the home country.

I think the OP just wants to highlight that there is a match coming up but....

A kilt is a statement of national identity of a team and nation that have always been at odds with England. Those comparing it to a man in a dress probably overestimate the mindset of a minority of England fans especially in post Brexit mode, and who may just have been put to the sword (or the little dagger thing).

There is a history of Scottish celebrations at Wembley and Trafalgar Square and a win would re-ignite the fixture. Beware the underdog.

Fair point Mick Mac - watch yourself, Dover. In the current climate there may be an above average number of meatheads out to prove what they regard as a point.

Though personally if I see anyone hard enough to wear a kilt in the traditional manner in this weather I'd steer well clear...

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Funny that, I'm STILL laughing about Argentina in

> 1986, June 22nd I think it was

>

> ???? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I am STILL laughing about Argentina in 1978 too

> > much to think about it

The song will be sung on Friday night - to the tune of Hokey Cokey.

Two things that put me seriously off professional football - music after goals (thank God most of those teams were relegated to the Championship) and garish away kits. Three actually - unecessary changes of kits. So not only do you have a dreadful second kit, you insist on wearing it at away matches? Yuk. Just leave, now, just leave the Union, now, and don't come back until you have sorted it.

Anyway I've found it. In 38 years my memory has dimmed a little - I thought it was 2-0 but Channon got a dodgy penalty at the end. And the brilliant second goal, well it was a brilliant pass and cross which I distinctly remember.... And a proper Scottish kit. (Ignore the Revie/Admiral one, although doesn't look so bad now)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8M00lpaTY

But I have got an accurate memory of the noise the Scots made that day as opposed to the near silence of the England fans. In part of course as the tighter packed and much smaller old Wembley captured the noise so much better than the overdesigned modern venue.