Can anybody help with a Windows 10 issue?

Sue

My laptop keyboard is reversing @ and " and when I type one symbol, I get the other.

It is not an actual keyboard problem as the same thing happens with an external keyboard attached.

Having googled I have gone into the control panel and run through the things to apparently sort it and - they haven't.

The settings show me as using a standard qwerty UK keyboard (although I'm not sure that is the issue) but this is still happening.

Can anybody more techy than me (not difficult) help? I moved to Windows 10 from Vista quite recently, so am still trying to find my way around some of it.

ETA: This has only just started happening, and I only noticed it when I attached a new external keyboard, but I can't think the two things can be connected? I put back my old external keyboard and that is now doing exactly the same thing.

I'm wondering if I've accidentally pressed some weird short-cut, but goodness knows what.

Go to Control panel, Region & language, Keyboards & languages, Change keyboards, General tab, select United Kingdom keyboard or click on Add... & select it from the list first.

Afterwards, go to Control panel, Region & language, Keyboards & languages, Change keyboards, Language bar tab and, if you don't routinely need to change language settings, make the language bar hidden.

Then, go to Control panel, Region & language, Keyboards & languages, Change keyboards, Advanced key settings tab where you will see the shortcut key sequence that probably got you into this problem by accident. You'll also see the Change key sequence that you might wish to alter by clicking on the Change key sequence button and setting Switch input language & Switch keyboard layout to Not assigned [when I changed these, I had to set Not assign for the Switch input language and accept the change then come back to the dialog to set Not assign for the Switch keyboard layout].

Source:- http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/the-inverted-comma-keys-are-reversed/e204b7aa-933f-44fe-8df9-30a5b0575084

Foxy