Cricket teams

philedwards78

ive-met-jimmy has some sort of connection with the Belair cricket team, based in the village, who seem to take their cricket reasonably seriously.

As it goes we're trying to put a team together for the CPT/EDF for a one off game against an SLP affiliated team (cor can i get any more TLAs in there?).

We've not got any dates down yet but if you'd be interested in joining us for that I'm sure we'll need all the help we can get.

*Crystal Palace Tavern, East Dulwich Forum, South London Press, Three Letter Acronym

Myself I would like to watch some local cricket, whilst sat in a deckchair applauding excellent strokes and/or inspired fielding, and maybe buying a delightful afternoon tea from either the Beer Tent or the Pavilion. I used to do this many many eyars ago in South Yorkshire, where of course cricket is taken seriously at every level...

Not quite ED but I can recommend Dulwich Cricket Club in Burbage Road, SE21:

http://www.dulwichcc.com/

We put out ten teams last weekend (seven Sturaday / three Sunday )so you should be able to get a game whatever your level.

Nets are on Thursday night at 6.30. Anyone's welcome to turn up if they want to find out more.

If not, there are loads of other clubs off the South Circular.

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd just bump this one a bit as Mr SLP and his cricket team (the Kings Rd CC) are still up for a game against a bunch of East Dulite good for nothings.

Anyone still interested? I'd be up for a bit of scuffed knee and bruised pride; if it ever stops raining of course.

Hi Dulwichheads,

I'm Leon Watson, the crime reporter at the SLP - not the guy you've been talking to but another one. Glad to hear you want to give us a game.

Just so you don't feel too intimidated... we're a team of cricket fans who love the game but don't want to take it too seriously. Some of us are good, some of us are not so good but at the end of the day we don't really care as long as everyone has a laugh.

If you come along we'll give you a good game and hopefully we'll be able to make it an annual fixture. Have a look at our - out of date of late - website www.krcsc.co.uk to get an idea of who you're up against.

Let the battle commence!

P.S. Buy the SLP.