Pro-Lifers Declare ?Ejaculation Is Murder: Every Sperm Cell Is A Life?

Chick

Anyone prepared to start a Seinfeld-style admission of 'going solo'?

Perhaps you've been 'hammering the keyboard' 'directing traffic in a sleepy cul-de-sac' or 'gesticulating angrily at an imaginary foe'?

Just realised that by putting '' round a phrase makes it innuenod-ey, so if anyone wants to carry on in that vein then more power to your elbow.

Oh wait, 'carry on in that vein' and 'more power to your elbow'. Now see what I'm getting at?

Anyone else want to throw their hat in the ring?

That is 'throw their hat in the ring'?

I was watching some funkiness on YouTube and reading the comments underneath.

One said:

?I can imagine Shaft pulling up in a Cadillac and jumping out to beat the shit out of someone.? The next comment says ?I can imagine someone pulling up in a Cadillac and jumping out to beat the shit out of his shaft.?

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> For a reflective response see

> http://www.snopes.com/every-sperm-is-sacred/.

Well it fooled me. I was in America recently and I could believe almost anything, I saw a group of black protestors at the time of the ?Black Lives Mater? demonstrations so I wandered over to read their posters. All they said was ?God hates faggots & lesbians?

Then there is this guy:

PS He wouldn't serve Muslims and was voting for Trump.

Angelina Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> are Pro-Lifers all vegan?

>

> Or does every life NOT count?

I guess for me the problem is that the slogan 'pro-life' rather prejudges what it claims to argue. If this is life then it must count. But we do not and could not count every life as worth preserving, even if human.

We do not, in fact, have much idea about what constitutes life from a biological point of view. Some kind of emergent autopoietic machination? For sure, no ontological difference to green slime, and almost certainly not to sedimented rocks either.

The pro-life move is to purify the sacred human in its entirety. But there is a severe risk here with all the evil that potentially entails from such absolutism. No one here would be extremist, but there is a seductive logic to the ill-educated once the matter is ontologised as everything-human-is-sacred: if you disagree you may turn out less human than us or even anti-human - so there are people who will murder doctors who carry out abortion.

Well, what a thought, I may (depending on my gender) have fathered everyone in the world who is 12 years or so younger than me.

Reminds me of an old joke about a bet, a man and a dog, two wheelbarrows and a naturist beach. Was tempted to tell it as it is not offensive (in terms of against another group) but I am sure I would have been told off.

So, in the old days of bumper stickers there were only two that amused me.

"Retired, spendng children's inherentence"

And

"diver self pleasuring, no hand signals"