Told by Tesco I'm only allowed to buy a limited amount of soya milk!!

Delainie

Seriously now, I kid you not. I have been buying the fresh alpro chocolate soya milk from Tesco in the old Kent road, for several years, as I use two litres a day & I Don't want to visit Tesco More than I have too, I buy all off the shelf & always ask a member of staff to please check out back for me & could I please have however many they have. This has been fine for all this time, except this evening, sorry have to throw this in , last night called breakdown to put my spare car wheel on my car, received text today from fitter saying have you had wheel checked, sorry was mashed when I put it on! so driving to Tesco paranoid my wheel would fall off, still in shock, get there, phew, got milk of shelf asked member of staff to pls check out back, I'll have all you have, she said well you can't have all we have, so I said sorry what do you mean? Well, we have to leave some for other customers ,it isn't fair if You buy it all, now it's not on offer, not reduced, so after checking in my head it wasn't 1st April, I said well this is ridiculous, she was quite adamant I wasn't getting all they had. I told her I always buy all that's in stock, she then asked what time do you usually buy it?!,,as it depends on the time,now I'm really getting irritated by this person, I told her she was talking nonsense, She said she would go into store room to check,though again, I can't buy them all, I told her not to bother as what she was telling me was complete poppycock and said I will ask manager,Found manager, it was obvious she had found him first as seemed to be expecting me, he told me their terms & conditions state , regardless of product, no one is allowed to buy all one product, leaving none for others!!! . I asked him if he could go & check & please bring out all he could find, ignoring That I'd been told I can't have them all. Anyhow he brought me out 1 box of 6, he then said 'you may get stopped by the cashier refusing to sell you the amount you have, which then was 19, just tell cashier I've allowed it'!!! Anyhow, I wasn't happy I'd drove all that way for a mere 19, in a car that had a wheel fitted by a stoner, so I went back to the chiller aisle to see if the member of staff had brought some out after I'd asked her, great , another 4 boxes of 6 , so I loaded them into my trolley , I had to laugh, as she had left one box out back that she didn't want me to buy, manager went & got that,so I did get them all, haha. Noticed a man in till queue with 4 large brown cardboard boxes with 14 singular boxes of cornflakes in each=56 boxes, opposed to my mere 43 soya drinks, made sure I queued behind him, was all ready, and of course,not a word from the lovely happy cashier. Anyone else had this in a supermarket? I know if items in sale, of course they don't want one person to buy all & sure, limit the amount per customer, these were full price . I'm afraid I think I was told a load of poppycock & will ring Tesco head office to find out. By the way I wasn't rude to the member of staff, I just told her I believed she was talking nonsense & I wasn't rude to manager either I just told him the same. I'm not going to be complaining about them, I just need to know for future reference & if I am told I am wrong fair enough ,however if I was told the wrong information, then I'll have it in writing please & bring it with me & show it to the manager & member of staff,as wasn't happy & do not believe what I was told. Anyone heard of this limited purchase before? Interested to hear if anyone has had this happen. I'm happy, got my chocolate soya, wheel still on car.

I can understand your frustration . Would definitely phone HO to get chapter and verse .I imagine they would accomodate you if you committed to a regular purchase say every 4 weeks of 56 cartons but probably not if you irregularly buy all the stock .Would cause dissatisafaction from other customers who sometimes can't buy it .

MUCH more concerned by your breakdown "service" . Horrific ,death and injury could have resulted .

That's the sort of thing that would really wind me up, and sorry but it did make me laugh (apart from the bit about the mechanic, I hope you've reported him?)

I agree, check with head office.

It could also mess up their ordering. Years ago I was on an elimination diet to check out possible allergies, and at the beginning one of the few things I could eat was guavas (as apparently not many people are allergic to these).

The supermarket I bought them from must have wondered why there was a sudden demand for guavas - and equally, why the sudden demand stopped once I could eat a wider variety of things.

I'm still quite fond of guavas :)

But as above, surely drinking so much soya milk on a long-term basis can't be good for you? Have you checked it out with your GP?

Phlox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Most soya milk is genetically modified. It's also

> an endocrine/hormone disrupter for men and women.

Have you ever checked out the hormones, antibiotics and steroids with which dairy cows are injected? 80% of the average daily intake of oestrogen in the normal person's diet comes from cows' milk, how's that for a hormone disrupter?

Hello, blimey what a mixed response!! Ocd how? Yes I do agree, 2 litres a day is extreme, though alpro soya is not genetically modified, has protein,calcium, B12,B2,vitamin D & all good for osteoporosis which I have. It's the oestrogen female hormone I need though very bad for men. The real bad thing is the sugar and yes I could buy the plain or nut flavours, though I don't like those. My GPs know me very well & something happened personally, 9 years ago, I stopped eating, have lived on soya milk & tablets since. I guess I'm addicted to the sugar now, hence the wanting to have a supply, it does fit in fridge as that's all that's in there.

Thanks to all who suggested pre ordering, I shall do that. Thanks Alan medic, that may be the case. Never thought of that,so you may well be correct. I posted to find out opinions & any similar experiences,Though I guess with people like grok, who's anger management isn't working, I'll just have to expect being called names, if it helps grok get it all out in the open,though can't see where lazy comes into it! Was I meant to walk to Tesco? I will call Tesco head office just out of curiosity. Thing is,maybe every time I asked before, the staff did keep some behind, just didn't need to tell me, why this time she told me, was pointless, why didn't she just bring an amount out, leave an amount out back , as I would not have known, it was more the fact that she wanted to make a point, like a failed copper. Ed_pete, I don't understand your comment, so if it was for me to read, I can't .Very interesting reading enjoy, thank you. Sue, I'm glad you laughed as I have to laugh at myself & I'm glad you don't have to buy all the guavas anymore as that would be 'hellishly frustrating for other customers' . Thank you Jeremy for writing what you did, I'm all for live & let live as long as we aren't hurting anyone, if it makes us feel happy or at least we think it does.

Been drinkng the stuff for years. Tend to buy the cheap stuff as I am a tights rrrrss. Thing that pees me off is that the small supermarkets (Tesco and Sainsbury's light) only stock the sweet stuff. Then again these places that seem to spring up every day don't have a wide range, and tend not to have the cheaper ranges. I digress.

So in the spirit of either being mean, or amusing, I will choose the light side. My daughter used to refer to it as soil milk when she was two or three. Well it amused me anyway.

well, just buy what you want from somewhere that will sell you what you want in the quantities you want.

Then everyone's happy and you won't need to complain publicly about not getting what you want when you want it from someone who doesn't want to sell you everything they have.

yes turtle, guess it helps to be thick skinned, I'm new to the lounge part of forum and it's good I've found out quickly how some people read an experience as a complaint, seem to have split personalities , and bother to comment when all they are doing are behaving like the bully school kids who troll other kids on line. They are, presumably adults and are meant to be the example setters, well I'm glad I'm a nice person who wouldn't bother commenting if my only reason was to be nasty! Oh well such is life.

Mariashroom- yes cash and carry, where though? Could you let me know , pm me please. Thx