Buying cheese on Christmas Eve

Bob Buzzard

dbboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you know what cheese you want, why not phone up

> and pre-order what you would like and amounts,

> other shops also sell cheese.

Some Black Boomer and a ripe tallegio. Will we have to queue though on Christmas Eve morning?

last time I went to the Cheese Block (in Christmas week) for some more unusual cheeses for my son in law, shop was so crowded I could not see most of the displays, people pushing and shoving to see the groceries on shelves, only 2 or 3 servers who seemed very annoyed that I only wanted small amounts (250 grams) of some cheeses . Ended up spending around ?20 - but have not set foot in the shop since.

Have to say I always end up at the Cheese Block once a year at Christmas, and always regret doing so due to their sour, moody, rude and generally unwelcoming disposition. But hey, the cheese is good...

this year I've ordered from Dukeshill and they're still taking orders up until 20th Dec, and if it's good enough for the Queen...

Little baby cheeses Titch?

titch juicy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> One of my christmas traditions is queuing at Neals

> Yard on Christmas Eve out of choice. It's fun.

> There's a lovely chatty atmosphere in the queue

> and often staff wander up and down with cheese to

> try.