Help to find a Place for the homeless

Meg64

Hi all, does anyone know of anywhere where's there are still places where homeless people can get a place to stay, I have rang numerous places and either there full or u have to be referred though organisation. I'm trying to get a couple or three young homeless men a place to stay and get them help to rebuild their lives. One of the young men are going to be 29yrs old on Sunday 25th dec Christmas Day please please please don't let this young man spend his birthday out in the cold.

If they have a connection with Southwark - contact Housing Options in Bournemouth Road Peckham who can advise on hostels etc.

Most local authorities have access to hostels but you need to have a connection to the borough.

Connections ;- registered with a GP in that borough, a rent book or utility bill giving address in borough, proof that may be living with friend/relative in that borough

Neither No second Noght Put or St a Mungo's can take direct referrals. No Second Night Out will take them through streetlink, Mungos through the local council. If these people are sleeping out then StreetLink has to be your first point of call. It may not be that this has already been done however. For instance a number of rough sleepers at the moment are refusing to move back to their place of local connection. One chap I know has a flat on Newcastle but is sleeping in a local park. Another has been offered 2 Flats by Greenwich yet is still in a tent having refused them.

If the couple are called N & D then they were housed Thursday but may still be begging out.

Only way into services these days is through Outreach or housing options.