Beckenham gym staff members abusive behavior to Gambado customers

cacaolat

Today I was looking for a parking space at Gambado Beckenham. The space in front of the venue was full so I turned around to get a space in the other part of the car park.

Someone violently hit on my car roof several times. I opened the door and a man was shouting, wether I don't see that this is a one way.

I said "no I don't see that and he should not hit my car again". Whilst I proceeded to the parking space the man shouted "Idiot" at me and followed us until I parked. He then called me Idiot again, and he started taking photos of my car including me, my 2 children and their friend. He then shouted that my car will be removed from this car park. I told him that he should stop shouting abuse at me in front of my children.

My children who are 7 and 4 were crying and were very scared.

Only later I saw that there was a small blue sign on the wall (no bigger than a A4 sheet of paper) which indicates a one way street, but there was no red one way warning sign.

Whilst the children were at the party at Gambado I went to check the car and again the man came out of Beckenham Gym were he works and shouted "You are a sad man your car is now already banned from the premises". I did take a photo of him after that, although from a distance.

All this abuse because in a car park, which I visited for the first time I did not spot the tiny sign and did not listen to a bully.

The image shows the inadequate sign on the left and the abusive bully in the centre.

Beckenham Gym parking space bully , get a life and never scare my children again.

The behaviour of the gym staff member sounds pretty reprehensible, particularly with children around.

However, my one point where I might challenged the op is that i believe (I've also only been there once) it seems pretty obvious as soon as one drives in off the street that it's a one way only system in that car park. There are 'one way arrows' painted on the road all the way around.

Doesn't excuse the behaviour of the person in question in anycase.

Hi TheCat, I am an experienced driver, but l only saw one faint arrow when I left. When I arrived at 9.45am these must have been hidden by frost. Just because the entrance to the premises are one way, with no visible arrows it does not mean the whole parking space is.

In fact I add 2 pictures taken from Google earth, it is not an obvious one way at all.

I had a response from the gym manager. He says the person on the picture does not work for the gym. I reality the guy was in charge of the gym yesterday, he went in and out, was receiving people at the reception there and he also had access to their kind of boiler room. and should I ever have to prove this (only if I have to) then there were plenty of witnesses, not to his first rage but to shout I am a sad man. (sad because there are people like him).