Petition to prevent State Visit by Trump

nxjen

No - of course it's significant but we don't need 5 threads* do we? Somewhat self indulgent and not very utilitarian if everyone starts saying I NEED MY OWN THREAD ON TRUMP NOW! (caps again, especially for you).

* see also Brexit

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No - of course it's significant but we don't need

> 5 threads* do we? Somewhat self indulgent and not

> very utilitarian if everyone starts saying I NEED

> MY OWN THREAD ON TRUMP NOW! (caps again,

> especially for you).

>

> * see also Brexit

Who are you speaking for when you say 'we'? I find I am excluded.

Putting the topic of the thread to one side, I agree with quids on this. We don't need a whole page of our local forum taken up with threads based on one person and how much you hate them. One thread is more than enough, admin sort this out please.

Louisa.

This is a public community forum and as such reflects the concerns of the community. I have little interest in many of the subjects discussed (dog poo, what is such and such shop going to be, bad service received in shop, football to name but a few) but they are clearly of interest to many of those who live in East Dulwich and beyond and have every right to be discussed on the Forum, indeed it is what makes the Forum vibrant. Or is this desire to close threads down a reflection of the current zeitgeist which appears to be limiting free speech or a desire to live in a comfortable bubble of complacency?

(FWIW, and I see little reason why I should defend myself, you will see that my post regarding the petition precedes the other one)

???? Wrote:

> There's 5 other threads on Trumpincluding one on

> this petition already FFS everyone..........DON"T

> PANIC< DON'T PANIC

Everybody has though. Look what discord Trump has sown on this forum.

I'd ban him even if he moved into ED.

JohnL Wrote:

> Look what discord Trump has

> sown on this forum.

>

> I'd ban him even if he moved into ED.

I should love to agree with you and blame Trump for discord on the Forum but there's been discord on the Forum for as long as it's existed!

ETA. Oh ... I don't always get irony

It would be good to have just one Trump thread as there are a lot of different aspects to his presidency and we don't need a thread for every one.

As for a state visit, wasn't that to be expected given the UK needs the US and him onside? What is the point of objecting? May has just done an arms deal with Turkey. Object about that too. It is at least as distasteful.

I think he should come, see the feelings of people outside of his own bubble.

We've had worse/as bad people here. It's part of showing what a democratic country looks like. As long as demonstrations are organised and peaceful, and there no 'fake news' we'll be good.

As for his safety, that'd be a challenge and expensive, maybe he could borrow the Bullet Proof Pope Mobile.

Seabag Wrote:

> I think he should come, see the feelings of people

> outside of his own bubble.

>

> We've had worse/as bad people here. It's part of

> showing what a democratic country looks like. As

> long as demonstrations are organised and peaceful,

> and there no 'fake news' we'll be good.

>

> As for his safety, that'd be a challenge and

> expensive, maybe he could borrow the Bullet Proof

> Pope Mobile.

Reagan came in similar circumstances at the height of Greenham Common/Cruise protests - so agree

keano77 Wrote:

> I hope there will be room in the royal coach for

> President Trump's golf clubs. Wouldn't look good

> before the world's media if a footman slung the

> bag over his shoulder

Hilarious

No really!

Next?