Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk
xxxx
http://www.ellyallen.com/

Pure View Carpentry Ltd

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
messageRe: A general thread to discuss Trump
Posted by poch June 20, 10:32AM

[www.channel4.com]

Worst yet by a long stretch

Posted by diable rouge June 20, 11:50AM

One of his apologists on Fox said they were child actors, the same lie used to dismiss the Sandy Hook massacre of innocent children (which incidentally is the work of the Alt Reich bloke who Farage gave an interview to while sat in his LBC recording studio). The whole thing beggars belief, but hopefully will be the comeuppance of Trump...

Posted by poch June 20, 12:22PM

And also the lies re. the separation of families being Democrat policy. It wasn't. It's his.

And the lies about the German crime wave, which he then of course blames on immigrants. Crime rates in Germany are at their lowest since 1992.

The use of the word 'fascism' is appropriate now.

Posted by flocker spotter June 20, 12:33PM

Trump is a master communicator and lord of his own manor here - it is impossible to pin him down- the WH press crew struggle to keep up with him- and that's where the mastery shows. Whether it is planned or just the action of a shambolic deflector is the next question- and that is a distraction we cannot spend time on

I am not comfortable with bandying pejorative fascism around though. All *democratic* structures will penalise those who cannot fight back easily, it is just trump will not be drawn into a fireside chat on these tactics . He is a bully,an ignorant and self serving egotist yes, but fascist, no.

Posted by poch June 20, 01:00PM

You're probably right FL. But he is exhibiting fascistic traits ('a political philosophy that exalts nation and often race above the individual...). And I'm not so sure of the merits of being cautious about the term considering where we are right now (kids locked up in cages; babies separated from mothers; the separation of nearly 2,000 children from their families over the last six weeks). How governments go about penalising so-called 'law-breakers' is the nub of all of this...

Posted by malumbu June 21, 08:30AM

He's a bully. He's damaging the reputation of America and causing geopolitical, environmental and economic harm. His officials and own party are concerned. I expect many of the electorate still support him doing what he said he would and not backing down. Watch this space in 2 1/2 years time.

Still amuses me Questiontime a few weeks ago. They pick the panel and I expect the audience so they are polarised on most issues. The crazy person from the tax payers alliance proposed that he should get the Nobel Peace Prize. The audience and reminder of the panel laughed in unison. A similar suggestion recently on the same programme by that bonkers Isabel Oakeshott, I am of course using the terms bonkers and crazy as terms of endearment.

Posted by flocker spotter June 21, 09:29AM

of course his supporters will not back down, even in the face of overwhelming evidence as to the unsuitability of this chump to lad a nation. The global gammonati community are not for turning, even when it is to their own clan and community detriment. A cynic would allude that the gammon rank and file are furious because they are unwilling to admit that their whole lives have been a hollow sham of appropriation and material gain, to the detriment of all else. Mammon is no comfort when you realise that throughout your whole life, you have mercilessly taken advantage of and paid off with a few baubles and an moral overdraft you cannot ever hope to pay back.

I is heartening/ disheartening / meh to see the internet savvy gammon hordes on soshal meeja clamouring for a civil war & blood on the streets to defend *non specific and curiously intangible* principle & invoking the memories of the dead to justify ..erm... more violence.

Posted by JohnL July 12, 11:53AM

Trump walked into NATO all full of bluster but seems to have quietened down a bit - maybe General Kelly had a word.

But he really can't help himself ....

"Asked whether he will tweet a different message after the press conference, he replies that he will not, and that he is consistent.

"I am a very stable genius," he adds."

Posted by siousxiesue July 12, 07:57PM

Is anyone marching tomorrow?

Posted by cella July 12, 08:31PM

Yes with some friends. Excited.

Posted by siousxiesue July 12, 08:56PM

cella Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes with some friends. Excited.

Where are you starting out? Trying to liaise with friends other side of London

Posted by cella July 13, 01:57AM

Aiming for the Women's March starting at midday from the BBC

Posted by JohnL July 13, 10:00AM

He is such a douche bag.

His interview in the Sun makes it clear to me why we should remain in the EU. I don't want his chlorinated chicken deal.

Posted by diable rouge July 13, 11:24AM

May's invite has backfired on her big time...

Posted by rahrahrah July 13, 12:27PM

It was obvious that he wouldn't be polite to his host. He revels in being rude and aggressive. That's exactly why we shouldn't have extended an invite in the first place. He's (predictably) insulted his host and the country. I just hope he won't be invited again.

Posted by diable rouge July 13, 02:17PM

Trumpy now saying the Sun's report was fake news. Oh the irony!...smiling smiley

Posted by JohnL July 13, 03:31PM

Wow - it's surreal.

Posted by JohnL July 13, 04:11PM

The Germans have overtaken Britain at satire

[twitter.com]

Posted by malumbu July 14, 09:19AM

Saw Trump by chance as his cavalcade came up the M11. For once something to thank Michael O'Leary for (yet another late arrival Ryanair). He didn't wave, in fact unlike our monarch I couldn't even see into his car.

Lots of armoured vehicles and police outriders though.

Posted by Sue July 14, 12:00PM

We were at the march/rally yesterday.

I have since seen this, which is one of the most bizarre things I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was july 14, 12:01pm by Sue.

Posted by malumbu July 14, 12:12PM

Umhhh, I would judge that as quite well handled by Trump, probably one of his better interviews. Seamlessly moves from Brexit to his own election. And yes immigration was the main reason for Brexit. Generally poorly informed of course. Think there would be greater merit in showing clips of people in the UK sticking up for him (not Farage who also handles this well) but Reece Mogg......

Posted by JohnL July 14, 01:24PM

Many of us have worked with people like Trump who like to cause chaos and destroy the current consensus - They are usually brought in to do a job (break down the current status quo so a new one can be set n place) then they're gone.

They aren't builders.

Posted by JohnL July 15, 11:48AM

Theresa May delivered this line on Marr this morning to the question what course of action did Mr Trump recommend to you with respect to the EU.

"Sue Them"

Posted by Sue July 15, 02:12PM

malumbu Wrote:
> Umhhh, I would judge that as quite well handled by
> Trump, probably one of his better interviews.

Christ, I'd hate to see the others then.

I try to avoid them big grin

Posted by uncleglen July 15, 03:53PM

JohnL Wrote:
> Theresa May delivered this line on Marr this
> morning to the question what course of action did
> Mr Trump recommend to you with respect to the EU.
>
> "Sue Them"

He probably stated it in words she could understand- because she sure as hell did not heed his more detailed advice earlier on....
Khans excuse for allowing the puerile baby trump to fly- 'it's not my role to be a censor'....what a hypocrite after he banned all bikini ads on the underground within weeks of taking office!
It's a pity all you naysayers do not read what Trump has achieved whilst in office......still you lot never did like the truth

Posted by Sue July 15, 05:13PM

What exactly has Trump "achieved"?

Posted by cella July 15, 06:01PM

I thought Khans interview was brilliant - he was very clear and reasonable on every point.

Posted by rendelharris July 15, 06:23PM

uncleglen Wrote:

> It's a pity all you naysayers do not read what
> Trump has achieved whilst in office......still you
> lot never did like the truth

One achievement Uncle, just one thing that has made America or the world a better place. Just one.

Posted by JoeLeg July 15, 08:58PM

uncleglen Wrote:
> JohnL Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

> He probably stated it in words she could
> understand- because she sure as hell did not heed
> his more detailed advice earlier on....

And why should she?

> Khans excuse for allowing the puerile baby trump
> to fly- 'it's not my role to be a censor'....what
> a hypocrite after he banned all bikini ads on the
> underground within weeks of taking office!

You dont like Khan as a person. Your entire view of him is tainted by that fact.

> It's a pity all you naysayers do not read what
> Trump has achieved whilst in office......still you
> lot never did like the truth

Job growth rates in the US are actually slowing now. The whole healthcare debate is sill raging and hes embroiled in a tariff war with China. These are the actions of someone who is determined to shake things up and like a snow globe we are a long way from seeing where the dust will settle. The USA is a remarkably fractured society socially and racially, and he seems reluctant to drain the swamp as much as he promised too so this seems unlikely to change. By far the highest driver of equality is a *lack* of mistrust and bigotry, leading to a level playing field, something the USA manifestly lacks. America is far from being the land of milk and obey for all its citizens.

However, pretty much everything he has done is domestic US policy and as such very much their business and not ours. Internationally hes been a much more divisive figure and has failed to actually deliver much. His summit with Putin will be an interesting test.

As far as the truth is concerned, you seem to only be on speaking terms with it when it conforms to your narrow little echo chamber, so Im not sure Im taking lectures from you there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was july 15, 09:00pm by JoeLeg.

Posted by Alan Medic July 16, 07:20AM

uncleglen Wrote:
> JohnL Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Theresa May delivered this line on Marr this
> > morning to the question what course of action
> did
> > Mr Trump recommend to you with respect to the
> EU.
> >
> > "Sue Them"
>
> He probably stated it in words she could
> understand- because she sure as hell did not heed
> his more detailed advice earlier on....
> Khans excuse for allowing the puerile baby trump
> to fly- 'it's not my role to be a censor'....what
> a hypocrite after he banned all bikini ads on the
> underground within weeks of taking office!

Do you disagree with this and if so why?

[www.standard.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum