Je suis fatigue - anyone else in ed feel like this?

lavender27

You're not alone squire, I feel like that a lot due to a chronic illness (I'm very lucky as I have a very supportive wife and a job I can do from home) - some days I can cycle forty miles, others I can't walk to the shops. Before being diagnosed I remember well the feeling of despair, wondering if it was just psychological (not there's any shame in that if it is), wondering if it would ever improve...if you haven't already I'd really suggest talking to your GP and seeing if they can run some tests for you and/or refer you somewhere for more help. Sometimes it can be something as simple as an iron or vitamin deficiency - another thing worth looking into is whether you're suffering from seasonal affective disorder and something like a daylight lamp might help.

You're not alone, don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it - life's too short to suffer unnecessarily and there are things that can be done.

Good luck!

RH

Hi, very common...suggest you go to your GP and ask for an TATT test (tired all the time). It's a series of tests on your blood, thyroid etc that can indicate a problem. Even a minor deficiency can do it that can potentially be fixed with diet or supplements. Tbh I reckon the three factors of sleep, diet and exercise are most important. If your diet is shit, you aren't really exercising and your sleep is crap due to alcohol etc then you'll feel sluggish.esp over the age of 35.

Young kids and running a business in challenging times will do it too :-)

Well they might be able to - and they might not. But I agree with those who've suggested that it's a good idea to pop along for some tests. It's definitely worth a try. Sometimes of course it's just a matter of advancing years. We can't all be like my extraordinary god-father who was still doing round the world trips at 96!

lavender27 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh Singleton I know, it's awful. I have googled it

> and it could be a number of things, can GPs

> pinpoint the cause and give it a name?

I'm getting the feeling you enjoy a bit of sympathy oooooh and ahhhhhhing A27

Hi Lavender27,

You're definitely not alone. I have a chronic health problem that leads to extreme fatigue, but that's the symptom that's least acknowledged (although it causes me enormous difficulties). Part of the problem is that because everyone knows what it's like to feel tired, there's very little understanding or sympathy for fatigue - because people who haven't experienced it genuinely don't know that it's in a different league from everyday tiredness. The other thing is that it can be a hidden problem because when fatigue lays you low, you just stay at home - but friends only see you when you're feeling well enough to be out and about! (People who see me charging around being the life and soul have no idea that I may well be 'paying' for that the next day; creeping around my flat like a ghost, barely able to function...)

Two practical suggestions: firstly, it's seriously worth getting your Vitamin D levels checked. I've known several people who had to ask for this (because their GP didn't think of it) and were then discovered to have pathologically low Vitamin D levels which were then treated with mega-doses (I mean serious, prescribed, doses as opposed to your bog-standard, over-the-counter vitamin pills) and this turned things around for them and made a huge difference to their energy levels.

Secondly, if there's a possibility you might have M.E. (also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), there's a local support group that might help you feel less isolated: it's called the South East London ME Support Group. Here's their website: www.selmesg.org

Anyway, best of luck, hope your health improves!

karen s Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi All.

> I feel exhausted all the time. Various aches and

> pains also low vitamin D and B. But feel there is

> more to it.

> I never get the Chance to tell my GP all what is

> going on with me.

Maybe you should change your GP?