Half Moon Hotel

JohnL

Yeah, and the new pub signs are up ? advertising 12 'boutique' rooms. I believe 'boutique' in this context does not refer to a 60s footballer's trendy frock shop, but a tiny room that costs a fortune. There's absolutely no prospect of any live music that is either loud or late.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe if the old half moon had been really pulling

> in the crowds for live music they'd have been more

> keen.

I agree, but it might have been less cruel if Fuller's hadn't continued with the fiction that they were doing everything they could to preserve the live music. No doubt they'll have a jazz-lite singer-guitarist serenading the weekend diners and think that's pretty much the same...

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe if the old half moon had been really pulling

> in the crowds for live music they'd have been more keen.

Yeah, that's basically my take on it too. I very rarely saw the venue section particularly busy - even going back 15 years or so. Maybe they just didn't get the right promoter(s) on board. But signing a petition to save an underused venue seemed like a bit of an empty gesture.

On the plus side, I don't mind Fullers pubs/beers, and if it's a nice refurb then it could be a winner. Decent local hotel rooms will be useful too (and probably a better prospect than the budget hotel they're apparently opening in the village).