Any caravan owners in ED? We need some advice?

bornagain

You can't leave it on the road, unless attached to a car, and that will seriously annoy your neighbours, parking being what it it. You'll have to pay, I'm afraid, unless you know someone with enough space to accommodate it for you.

There are many caravan storage parks nearby. Often, a holiday park provides storage facilities for caravans. Or, as Lynne suggests, find someone with a driveway or field who would be happy for you to park it there. Shouldn't cost a huge amount.

Louisa.

I would suggest checking Lynne's statement above with Southwark council

The police won't enforce against a parked caravan (https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/q629.htm) if it is parked according to the rules of the road.

Couldn't find anything on southwarks website but I may have missed it

However as Lynne pointed out parking a caravan on the road will upset your neighbours unless you get on really well with them.

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> However as Lynne pointed out parking a caravan on

> the road will upset your neighbours unless you get

> on really well with them.

Chances are you won't get on with them quite so well after you start parking a caravan on the road.

Thanks all, particularly ArtfulDogger. Although I was not planning to leave the caravan outside my house for any length of time it's good to know that legally I can while we are loading/unloading. I will check with Southwark about their take on this.

What I was really after was any recommendations for reasonable caravan storage with easy access to ED. Louisa, do you have any tips?

Thank you!

Look on-line for storage facilites

No, the police won't do anything about it. Southwark might.

Because of it's width, it might be causing an obstruction for larger or service vehicles, but I don't suppose anyone will mind if it's just there while you load/unload. We've had one parked on our street for months, and believe me, the owners have not endeared themselves to anyone

Louisa, thank you. Will look around Biggin Hill. We have looked online for facilities but just wondered if there was any local knowledge.

BTW the width of the caravan we are considering is only 2m - the entire thing is the size of a standard van - and of course we will be getting ok from our neighbours. Thanks for you concern :)