Computer software query

Sue

Sorry this is a very basic question.

I had a load of stuff on an external hard drive because my old laptop didn't have enough storage.

It was all backed up on Carbonite, and when I got my new laptop all the stuff on the external hard drive was downloaded onto that as well.

However all the documents, music, pictures etc from my old laptop are now saved in "This PC", while everything from the external hard drive is now in a folder labelled F, which is saved in OS (C: ) along with things like drivers and program files.

All I want to know is whether I can safely move this F folder into my "documents" folder in the "This PC" section, so that I can then start to sort it all out.

In case it's relevant, the (very) old laptop was running Vista and the new one is Windows 10, which I am finding it a bit hard to get used to, grammar.

Thanks.

Sounds as though on your old laptop the Vista allocated the drive letter F to the external drive. When you've copied the stuff back from the external drive to your new laptop its created folder called "F" (on your C: drive) and put the files in there. Should be perfectly safe to simply move the F folder to the "documents" folder and simply carry on.

• 8 months later...
Sorry guys. I recently bought a computer software named SVP - Smooth Video Project. It claims to be able to convert video frame rate from 30fps to the higher 60fps. But I could find no differences after the conversion process. I know the frame rate means the number of pictures flashing by per second. So, is it the frame interpolation that causes that distortion in video image? This is the software i used to smooth video:http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/smooth-video.html

Flybecoxena Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry guys. I recently bought a computer software

> named SVP - Smooth Video Project. It claims to be

> able to convert video frame rate from 30fps to the

> higher 60fps. But I could find no differences

> after the conversion process. I know the frame

> rate means the number of pictures flashing by per

> second. So, is it the frame interpolation that

> causes that distortion in video image? This is the

> software i used to smooth

> video:http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/sm

> ooth-video.html

Bit worried to click on a link from somebody who has just joined today to post on a very old thread.

Sorry.

ETA: Please don't be offended if it is all above board.

• 2 years later...

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Why are people reviving such old threads?

>

> I think St1neGrab is just a really kind person

> (definitely a real person, not a bot) and just

> wanted to reassure you.

But I can't understand why somebody would see a thread from three years ago in the first place :)

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > But I can't understand why somebody would see a

> > thread from three years ago in the first place

> :)

>

> My sarcasm doesn't transfer well to written word.

>

> It's not a real person.

Ah, I did think your post was a bit strange :))

This forum seems to be getting a lot of similar posts recently.

The new user posts a few innocuous posts on established threads to establish their credentials and then follows up by posting a link to a website that?s selling something. ?Vanihe? is a new arrival, the post to the commercial website has been removed.