in need of an electric heater temporarily

DizzyVB

HI ALL WE HAD AN ISSUE WITH THE BOILER AND IT CAN NOT BE FIXED UNTIL TUESDAY OR SO AS THE PART TAKES TWO TO THREE DAYS TO ARRIVE.

SO BASICALLY WE HAVE NO HEATING AND NO HOT WATER AT THE MOMENT.

CAN ANYONE LEND US AN ELECTRIC HEATER UNTIL IT IS FIXED. WE CURRENTLY HAVE TWO BUT WOULD LIKE TO BORROW ANOTHER ONE TO KEEP ANOTHER ONE TO WARM UP BATHROOM..I THINK BUYING ANOTHER IS A TOO MUCH TO KEEP IN THE HOUSE.

I HAVE TWO KIDS 3YRS OLD AND 11 MONTH OLD SO ITS BEEN VERY CHALLENGING.

TIA

I respect such thing as freedom of speech, but my post was about someone lending me an electric heater not about what opinion people had about me borrowing one.

Believe it or not..there has been several people that have offered to lend me one, SPECIALLY because I have small children.

I don't know what makes you think I would put an electric heater in the bathroom and not take precautions.

I am not sure what you meant by "it isn't even cold out"??????

I couldn't help but to take offence by your "TOUGHEN UP" comment. I come from a country where we didn't have many resources one of them was hot water. (This does not mean I should allow my children to go through the same unless there is no choice)

I have witnessed deaths, shootings and lived in a period where we had to hide in our homes as there were military conflicts taking place right outside our house.

So I really hope and wish you don't intervene in other people matters unless you are willing to make a positive change and unless you really know their story.

Best of health

Elphinstone's Army Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> challenging or not, there is no one who will lend

> you an electric heater to put in your bathroom,

> especially if you have small children, it isn't

> even cold out, have strip washes like anyone else

> does when their trusty boiler fails, and toughen

> up it is a matter of days, these things are sent

> to test your mettle .........

There speaks someone without empathy. If you have nothing helpful to contribute, don't say anything at all.

DizzyVB - have you found a solution yet?

NO Electric heater should be used in the bathroom unless instaled by a Qualified Electical Engineer.

You should never use plug-in radiators or heaters in your bathroom ? whether they are plugged into sockets inside or outside the room.

Any appliance needs to comply with IP Ratings.

What is an IP rating?

The IP Code system is a scale which classifies the degree of ingress protection offered by electric appliances against both solid and liquid particles. In other words, it?s a measurement of how waterproof your gadgets are.

Source:- https://www.electricradiatorsdirect.co.uk/news/choosing-the-IP-rating-of-your-bathroom-heater/

Elphinstone's Army was correct in saying there is no one who will lend you an electric heater to put in your bathroom,

Any one who does is an idiot and if the appliance was faulty or not compliant MAY well be held responsible should there

be an accident.

DulwicHFox

No-one is suggesting using a normal electric heater in the bathroom. You can easily heat up a bathroom from outside by directing a fan heater through the doorway before using the bathroom, turning it off when you go in to wash etc.

The manner and tone of EA's response was unnecessary, rude and unsympathetic. There are ways and means of offering advice. EA let him/herself down.

Sorry, i can't help as I don't live in the area anymore.

But OF COURSE i would have lent you my heater.

Most requests i think are genuine.

And if i ever trip over an dishonest person i hope i will be able to dust my anger off and do it right again

enjoy