Twelve Angry Men

adonirum

Got this bug that's doing the rounds, so was passing/wasting time watching T.V. yesterday. Watched this classic film. It's now sixty years old and still as relevant today as it was then. The script/dialogue and character studies are absolutely superb. If you listen intently, it's as if it could have been made yesterday !!

And, yes, I do know it was originally a stage play written a couple of years earlier.

It was the nearest (so far ...) that I have faced imprisonment. The judge, you see. Ignorant and biased. I very nearly stood up and said so. I clutched Bourdieu's Language and Symbolic Power for solace (strangely you can take books into court even though not allowed to read them). It all ended well: even the literalist Daily Mail readers on the Jury could tell something had gone wrong with the prosecution.

Great movie. Saw it by chance when I was about 12 and a few times since. Also saw it at the theatre with James Bolam. Not a patch on the movie though.

I'd say the movie should teach us not to make quick judgments and assumptions. Analyse and test what's presented to you before you jump on any bandwagon.