Camberwell getting M&S simply food

Louisa

Well sort of..

I have been in and out of Kings College Hospital the past few weeks and there are signs everywhere saying that a new M&S simply food shop will be opening inside the hospital on March 17th. No fuss, unlike the song and dance caused in ED when Iceland was exterminated.

Louisa.

Absolutely NOT. I was unhappy at the loss of a a lordship lane institution yes, but the million page thread involved councillors and other stakeholders and was drawn out for at least 4 years. It got to the stage of even people like me saying get on with it then if you're gonna do it. Camberwell doesn't kick up such a fuss, around here it was like the bloody second coming!

Louisa.

If the tiddly one in St Thomas' is anything to go by, it's sensible of them not to make a fuss. That one is ok for picking up a sandwich or ready meal if you happen to be on site, but it can't cater for any volume of people expecting to do worthwhile food shopping.

That one on Lordship Laneis pretty good though. I love the candy at the checkout. Yum.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Seabag Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I suspect there's a Waitrose located at The

> Priory.

>

> Fortnum & Mason, luv. They deliver.

That's a beautiful thought Jah.

Off your nut, and F&M delivering boiled eggs on a Silver salver.

*dreamy*

Have I dreamt this or has someone really put this thread up. Society is falling apart, we are on the brink of economic collapse, we will be caught in a battle between the axis (US and Russia) and China) but it's all OK as there is a M&S in Camberwell. Rejoice.

Oh for goodness sakes malumbu don't get your nickers in a twist, the world is still turning and ED has survived without an Iceland for a good few months now. Life goes on regardless of a potential nuclear holocaust on the horizon. Or maybe we should dwell on the end of the world coming? What a cheerful old bunch we are on this forum.

Louisa.

malumbu, you need to learn to put a positive spin on things, I'm starting to hear a dreary Brummie accent when I read your posts these days. Here's a starter, let's say there were to be an end to the world, most of us would be straight down to M&S to stock up, so the more M&S's the better!...

M&S at King College Hospital have advised customers to see their local off-licence for minor shops, and to only visit Kings College M&S for major shops, where you will be served within 4 hours. As always, If it is a real emergency shop, please dial Ocado.

TheCat Wrote:

> M&S at King College Hospital have advised

> customers to see their local off-licence for minor

> shops, and to only visit Kings College M&S for

> major shops, where you will be served within 4

> hours. As always, If it is a real emergency shop,

> please dial Ocado.

Local off-licences aren't seeing new customers at the moment though.

Louisa Wrote:

> Well sort of..

>

> I have been in and out of Kings College Hospital

> the past few weeks and there are signs everywhere

> saying that a new M&S simply food shop will be

> opening inside the hospital on March 17th. No

> fuss, unlike the song and dance caused in ED when

> Iceland was exterminated.

>

> Louisa.

ED M&S isn't a simply food. It's a food hall.

The SFs are small and often run under franchise.

malumbu Wrote:

> Have I dreamt this or has someone really put this

> thread up. Society is falling apart, we are on

> the brink of economic collapse, we will be caught

> in a battle between the axis (US and Russia) and

> China) but it's all OK as there is a M&S in

> Camberwell. Rejoice.

Trump has done one Presidential speech and the Lords

voted for a small amendment to Brexit.

We're saved and M&S has come :)

Mick Mac Wrote:

> malumbu Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> , we are on the brink of economic collapse,

>

> You'd better tell the world stock markets, as they

> seem to be reading it very differently.

Experts are *so* out of fashion, MM.