Recommend a show/performance please

Alan Medic

I saw American in Paris in NY and is was excellent - and I gather pretty much the whole cast is coming over for the London version. Pirates of Penzance at the ENO is also excellent. And if you haven't seen Les Miserables, I would suggest that too.

If you want a very silly, but very funny show, try The Play That Goes Wrong. Same people who did that Peter Pan spoof thing on the Beeb over Christmas. Doubly funny if you've ever been involved in amateur theatre.

You won't get tickets for Harry Potter. Sold out until mid-2018.

Thanks for the suggestions though haven't booked anything yet.

Loz, the next release of tickets for HP is in April according to their official website. There are also additional tickets becoming available almost on a daily basis which are probably returns. They are usually the most expensive tickets for random dates. They also have a weekly Friday lottery where they sell 40 tickets for the following week. This is done via the site.

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Loz, the next release of tickets for HP is in

> April according to their official website.

In April, but for mid next year. I tried in that last one, last month. I messed up and was 2 minutes late for the official start and was about 4 billionth in the queue...

• 3 weeks later...
I would recommend 42nd Street which is in preview. Saw it yesterday and by far biggest theatre show I've ever seen. It will get a lot of 5 star reviews. All the cheap ?15 seats for front two rows in stalls now sold and later dates now ?75 instead. That said, if you see this show, you need to be in the first few rows to experience it fully. It's a really low stage so no problems seeing everything without neck ache.