Typical

JohnL

Sorry to go off on one this early in the morning but it's no surprise to hear of this happening in the Drovers, which in my opinion is an utter disgrace of a pub, in which drug dealing, flogging of stolen property and general foulness are consistently overlooked in favour of making a profit selling booze to alcoholics. If the staff actually obeyed the law which prohibits selling alcohol to those already intoxicated they'd lose 90% of their clientele at a stroke. If (hopefully when) the attacker is caught it'd be interesting to know how many beers he'd been served with before launching his assault. Of course it's not a pub's fault if foul people choose to patronise it, but if they continue to serve people who can barely stand and habitually allow revolting behaviour to go by the board it's no surprise that this sort of thing happens.

Hope this fella and his boyfriend aren't too scarred, mentally or physically, by the experience - if you happen to be on here, take care of each other.

I'd be interested to hear if others have a different experience RRR - I can only say last time I was in there last summer for a quick one before the pictures I interrupted a drug deal in the bogs (and was told to "f- off out of it before you get hurt") , two guys were fighting in the garden, another guy was taking a leak in the garden and a woman threatened to beat up Mrs.H for "looking at me funny" - and the staff carried on as if nothing untoward was happening. I wouldn't drink in there at the moment if the beer was free - and coming from me that's quite a condemnation!

rendelharris Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd be interested to hear if others have a

> different experience RRR - I can only say last

> time I was in there last summer for a quick one

> before the pictures I interrupted a drug deal in

> the bogs (and was told to "f- off out of it before

> you get hurt") , two guys were fighting in the

> garden, another guy was taking a leak in the

> garden and a woman threatened to beat up Mrs.H for

> "looking at me funny" - and the staff carried on

> as if nothing untoward was happening. I wouldn't

> drink in there at the moment if the beer was free

> - and coming from me that's quite a condemnation!

It's a strange pub - with contradictions - I wouldn't

totally blame the pub - although I maybe pop in once a

year.

I once walked in and said to the prostitutes plying their

trade by the door 'you look nice tonight' and they replied

'you look nice too' (I thought this is Grand Theft Auto)

And they refused to serve me once as I was too drunk :) :)

(and I was) Maybe it's regulars they allow to carry on.

Maybe I've just been unlucky John - years back I enjoyed a couple of good sessions in there, but at least the last four times I've been in there's always been something fairly horrid going on. Being too drunk to get served in the Drovers indicates a bender of heroic proportions, I salute you sir!

Not surprising really since faith schools are not required to address LGBT+ issues and in my experience they do not and homophobia is rife to the extent that teens will freely be abusive about teachers they perceive as 'gay' - it's like stepping back 20 years in time to hear them- because their views have been engendered and unchallenged since birth.

In this article it appears that Labour, when in government, amended the equality act to enable faith schools to avoid the issues.....and by 'christ' they do with a smile on their faces like they are proud of allowing 18 year olds out into the big wide secular world with total ignorance of sexual equality.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/andy-burnham/11699408/Faith-schools-must-be-forced-to-teach-about-homosexuality-Andy-Burnham.html

he is right of course

uncleglen Wrote:

> Not surprising really since faith schools are not

> required to address LGBT+ issues and in my

> experience they do not and homophobia is rife to

> the extent that teens will freely be abusive about

> teachers they perceive as 'gay' - it's like

> stepping back 20 years in time to hear them-

> because their views have been engendered and

> unchallenged since birth.

> In this article it appears that Labour, when in

> government, amended the equality act to enable

> faith schools to avoid the issues.....and by

> 'christ' they do with a smile on their faces like

> they are proud of allowing 18 year olds out into

> the big wide secular world with total ignorance of

> sexual equality.

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/andy-burn

> ham/11699408/Faith-schools-must-be-forced-to-teach

> -about-homosexuality-Andy-Burnham.html

> he is right of course

What does this attack have to do with faith?

JohnL Wrote:

> By "Typical" I meant I thought most boys had gone

> past this now.

>

> Ego's :(

There are large swathes of people out there who have not gone past this- and never will if it is not addressed more seriously. If it's happening in London what on earth is it like elsewhere.....

The mind boggles why someone would think they have any say whatsoever regarding who another person has as a partner.

Let alone the right to also get 'offended'.

I'm convinced that these angry outbursts betray a dormant gay-side which, due to their own prejudices, makes them feel ashamed and causes them to hate themselves and lash out like this.