recurring flu/dizziness virus - has anyone else had it?

Minitoots

It's my 3rd time of feeling really unwell since early January so I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this horrible recurring virus(?) I went to the doctors last time but they just said let it run its course. Each time it has started with a tickly cough which turns into a more chesty cough, running nose, then aching muscles and sinus type pains behind the eyes, sore throat and dizziness and slight nausea throughout. This is day 3 of the 3rd bout and I still feel dizzy and could easily go back to bed and sleep all day.

I'm usually in good health and I've been taking lots of things to boost the immune system since the first time I got it and am planning to ask the GP for a blood test if it doesn't go soon...

If anyone else has had similar symptoms, I'd be interested to know especially if it has recurred.

I've had this on and off for twenty years. My GP has too - ironically enough.

In the first instance take rest and treat it like flu. There's almost certainly a viral cause for most people.

Some people benefit from the retraining of the vestibular system - your GP can give you exercises. If you only experience dizziness when you turn in one direction there's a manoeuvre that some GPs can do on your neck that helps (but not all GPs are trained in this). Some people get benefit from cranio-sacral osteopathy (I've certainly been cured of individual outbreaks by this - though it doesn't stop it recurring). It's worth trying a good vitamin b complex tablet as sometimes this helps me.

I had something like that for about 3 weeks in Jan; another bout, maybe unconnected, in March but generally very tired since the start of the year. Recently I started taking a higher dose of vitamin D (3,000iu spray) and that seems to have helped, as far as you can ever tell with these things. Sometimes they just seem to hang around till summer comes.

My father has suffered with 3 bouts of flu like virus since Christmas. He hasn't been right for ages, docs told him it was a virus that's in his system but just can't seem to shake it off. He has the flu jab every year. It is quite worrying but doc also said he's seen a similar cases this winter. Hope you feel better soon.

• 1 month later...
thanks for all the comments - sorry to hear a lot of you have had a similar thing. My son had it around Xmas and is now still experiencing bouts of dizziness and nausea. He had a full set of blood tests which all proved normal. He's just about to graduate and felt really dizzy and sick during his first job interview. I'm wondering if it is still this same virus or something different. He hasn't been drinking or partying a lot but has been working long hours. Any ideas for what he can ask the GP to do next?

• 2 months later...

I posted on this thread in April. I still have dizziness, aching teeth and generally feel very weary. This has persisted on and off since about Feb and has left me feeling down in the dumps and tense. My appetite has been affected and I have lost a fair amount of weight recently (not such a bad side effect in my case!) I'm seeing the GP again next week.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

Fekk, is that what it is?

I've had a reoccurring washed out feeling for weeks, had a holiday and a break but still feel jittery. That said I do push myself hard due to my work. I'm currently in Madrid and wondered if it was blood pressure , though I've always had a really heathy set of readings in that dept.

The give away is I keep getting a wave of sinusitis. So it's a bash at antibiotics for the sinuses I think, but then what?

I'm usually near bullet proof and being self employed I dont do 'sick days' but might have too.

And I've a rammed schedule for the nest month - meh!

Get well soon people, but interested in the remedy to beat this.

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Rosetta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Antibiotics won't help a virus. Ask for a

> > referral to the ENT department from GP.

>

> The sinusitis bit is an infection.

How do you know it's a bacterial infection?