Rate of inflation and sneaky EE

malumbu

EE has just put my bill up by 3.1% quoting this as the rate of inflation. I've told them as a business their prices depend on competitive factors (which should bring prices down), profitability, USPs etc. It's probably down in my t&C that they can use the RPI on a certain month. Interesting that they have picked the highest rate of inflation for about two decades,

So RPI has long been ditched by government as a measure of inflation. Many were up in arms as pensions etc are based on the lower CPI, and there were no doubt accusations that the government were no longer using the true inflation rate!

I wont win any battle with EE and of course can add to the competitive pressures on them by moving contract.

Good to hear from those on the know, rather than "I am a sad person with no friends". I don;t need the forum to tell me this, I know already!

This is a double swindle if it includes the cost of a phone in your monthly charge too as they'd pay for the phone at the beginning of the contract so why should that part be subject to RPI - i moaned to them too. I have noticed this charge is now more prominent if you look at a quote nowadays rather than hidden in their T&Cs so others must have complained too.

RPI is 3.1% for Mar 2017

About halfway down this link https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices#timeseries

Sept 2.0

Oct 2.0

Nov 2.2

Dec 2.3

Jan 2.6

Feb 3.2

Mar 3.1

My rent component of my shared ownership goes up by RPI in Sept - so I can expect 2.0% increase very soon.

and heres RPI forever (or back to the war) https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/czbh/mm23

I think it's standard practice amongst phone operators these days; Vodafone did it to me a few months back.

You should get the best deal by switching every year using a comparison site e.g. https://www.mobilephonechecker.co.uk/sim-only

I've been with each operator about four times each since 2000. Easy to find unlimited minutes, texts and at least 4GB of data for less than ?10 a month.

Lowlander Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think it's standard practice amongst phone

> operators these days; Vodafone did it to me a few

> months back.

>

> You should get the best deal by switching every

> year using a comparison site e.g.

> https://www.mobilephonechecker.co.uk/sim-only

>

> I've been with each operator about four times each

> since 2000. Easy to find unlimited minutes, texts

> and at least 4GB of data for less than ?10 a

> month.

SIM only is reasonable but obviously you either keep your

old phone or buy from the manufacturer (?500 - ?700 for the

top phones).

Edit: and most of us seem to be on 2 year contracts - mine

ends April 30th.

JohnL Wrote:

--------------------------------------------

>

> Edit: and most of us seem to be on 2 year

> contracts - mine

> ends April 30th.

Rolling monthly contracts for sim only seem to be much more common now.