Census Test 2017

trinidad

I've been "INVITED" to take part in a census test. I do not want to participate. When theres a census I will fill it in. Why do they need to test it? I have took part before without a test. Who are they testing, the census people or the public? You keep sending letters and knocking on the door like its compulsory to part with all my details at tea-time. I don't give details to strangers on the doorstep. Please GO AWAY. Either its an invite, or compulsory .... Anyway, it will only apply to the legal citizens you have knowledge of anyway, not the unregistered ones who won't fill forms or open the door!

I have now had 3 acquaintances who have been targeted - they have all had several letters, visited by different people at least 3 times. They have run the contact number on the letter to explain that they are not happy to fill in forms etc but are still being harassed. One is a lady in her late 60s, the other has learning difficulties and has limited reading ability, and the other carer of a mentally ill person.

Hello All,

Wow so many questions, i will attempt to answer for you.

1. If you do not want to participate in the census test all you need to do is inform the census officer of a refusel, job done.

2. The 2017 test is about testing new equipment, technology and questions, for example householders now are encourage to go online for the first time and complete.

3. 3 reminders were sent out, and up to five visits are carried out to support those householders to complete the questionnaire. The only way to stop the visits or reminders is to either complete the questionnaire online, or refused to complete.

3. Censor Officers have been dispatched during the evening times and at weekends because that is the most likely time householders will be at home.

4. Sorry to learn you do not open the door to people you dont know, perhaps you could of telephoned the public helpline and inform the call centre you did not want to take part, as unless the census staff are made aware, they will simply return.

5. sorry to learn the public number has been used, and your still getting visits, normally a refuel will stop all visits.

The one good news to share is the test period has now ended, so you will no longer be visited or have furture reminders sent.

Have a good day

Hello Pugwash, all I can say, is sorry on behalf of the ONS and census test 2017. Its a test and there are many lessons to be learned. As mentioned, your three householders who all refused to complete will not receive any further visits or reminders.

trinidad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello All,

>

> I am a census coordinator, so I maybe able to help

> with any queries you may have. I am not on the Est

> Dulwich forum officially, but if I can help in

> anyway, please let me know.

Assuming you have proof of being an official census coordinator?