You know you are in East Dulwich when...

PeckhamRose

When some ignorant self righteous mother on a phone, who you've just stepped out of the way for to let her and her oversized pram pass by on the narrow footpath of Adys RD, refuses to acknowledge your goodwill by saying thankyou, kiss your arse or anything else. Ignorant cow. Bugger off back to Clapham!

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When some ignorant self righteous mother on a

> phone, who you've just stepped out of the way for

> to let her and her oversized pram pass by on the

> narrow footpath of Adys RD, refuses to acknowledge

> your goodwill by saying thankyou, kiss your arse

> or anything else. Ignorant cow. Bugger off back to

> Clapham!

>

> Louisa.

Its like expecting a Bear to Crap in a toilet.

Foxy

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> For goodness sake, does every single thread have

> to degenerate into an attack on people who were

> born more than a mile from Goose Green, Louisa?

> Pure prejudice vented on the slightest pretext.

Or maybe in the spirit of the thread, I was acknowledging a recent experience with a loud ignorant person (who I've met more than once over recent years in ED) who was knowingly ignorant for no apparent reason? Slightly tongue in cheek, in the spirit of the thread, and also partially serious. Why not contribute to the thread rather than concern yourself with my opinions? Very predictable and yawn. Clearly presses a button when I talk about the elephant in the room.

Louisa.

Come off it - your recent experience is one thing but fabricating it into yet another tired old rant on your favourite topic is another.

What do you hope to achieve - to drive out of SE22 anyone who wasn't born there? And then what do you do for doctors, teachers, restaurants and shops? Or is it just about spreading bad feeling?

It is my recent experience - it's not fabricated. What's your point? You're the one turning it into a rant because you can't resist the option to goad me further on a comment on a fairly light hearted topic, which I've already admitted is partially tongue in cheek. If you're having a crap weekend don't take it out on me. Try contributing to the thread, instead of making a mountain out of a molehill about my post. Shame you don't invest that time pulling up others on this forum who say some pretty direct and horrible things to others. I am NOT looking for a argument here, just wish to be left alone.

Louisa.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> .... a small girl in the Health Matters shop runs

> in and says, "Mummy mummy I absolutely have to

> have more Vitamins!"

I don't think that scenario would suggest I was in SE22 particularly.

Mine was similar, the morning after I moved in I went to Blue Mountain for breakfast, and upon opening the door heard the immortal words Tarquin, hurry up and finish off your croissant!. I knew then things would never be the same again...

rahrahrah Wrote:

> When I first moved over the hill from Camberwell,

> one of the first things I witnessed on Lordship

> Lane was a child having a full on melt down,

> screaming "I WANT A BABYCHINO!".

Ha. When was that? I think we've had one of those moments. You're playing with fire if you try to separate ours from her croissant and babyccino.

Louisa Wrote:

> Your nearest decent department store is a solid

> mile and a quarter away.

>

> Louisa.

I can just imgaine L striding through Grace Brothers, with Mr L in tow carrying a mountain of boxes... ;-)

...all the while moaning about how Old Mr Grace had lost sight of his working class principles and was pandering to the stupid pretentious 'new' locals by charging 2 and 6 for a jacket... "what sort of 'look at me, look at my posh new jacket', blow-in idiot would pay such inflated prices?"... yada yada yada...