London Bridge incident - confirmed as terrorism

Jules-and-Boo

It is sad and tragic and loathsome and wicked and fascist and savage and venal and lots of other things, but I am afraid it is not shocking. Part of me is glad the three reprobates are dead but I would prefer that they lived for at least long enough to be of use to the police and other authorities.

I saw that interview on BBC and Sky earlier today - his neighbour saying he was a really nice guy 'most of the time' - they went to the park together and hung out, he said. The same 'nice guy' is being reported as having featured on the Channel 4 documentary last year about Jihadis in Britain. He was filmed arguing with a police officer after unfurling a black flag in Regent's Park in the company of a couple of fundamentalist preachers. If that is true, he was hardly hiding his extreme religious views.

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Apparently one of them lived in Barking and had

> been an upstanding and useful member of his

> community for three years according to one of his

> neighbours...

So? Are we to be surprised that suicide attackers don't live in houses with "Beware of the suicide attacker" signs on the front gate?

Clearly what you're trying to imply is that "they" can't be trusted even if "they" appear to be normal members of the community. You really are a hateful and hate-stirring person, with your incessant whining about immigrants, "skivers," "lefties" in general - a sort of Daily Mail in human form without the class or the grammar.

I didn't read it that way RH - I thought he was being sarcastic. I might be wrong, but that's how it came across to me, in the context of the recent TV interviews.

Anyway, while I don't like or agree with what UG posts, I'm not sure the personalabuseometer needs to hit that level does it? It makes you sound quite nasty and abusive, which I'm sure is not the case. I'm guessing you would never dream of speaking so abusively to someone in the pub or the street? If you did, I'd be very surprised, not to mention a little shocked.

Another one (referred to as Abs the press) was reported multiple times, thrown out of his mosque and pictured with a ISIS flag in Regents Park.

Nigel and Katie suggested internment of the entire watch list on Fox News and even Fox News distanced themselves from them.

robbin Wrote:

> Anyway, while I don't like or agree with what UG

> posts, I'm not sure the personalabuseometer needs

> to hit that level does it? It makes you sound

> quite nasty and abusive, which I'm sure is not the

> case. I'm guessing you would never dream of

> speaking so abusively to someone in the pub or the

> street? If you did, I'd be very surprised, not to

> mention a little shocked.

Yes, actually it does. Uncleglen persistently posts deeply unpleasant anti-immigrant stuff on here which goes way beyond decent debate (that's why it's so obvious what he's up to with the above post, someone else one might give the benefit of the doubt, him, no). If someone spouted the same stuff as him to me in the pub I would most definitely tell them I thought they were a hateful person, though I doubt he and his ilk have the courage to propagate their nonsense beyond the safe anonymity of the internet. This stuff needs to be called out and described as what it is: hateful and hate-stirring.

JohnL Wrote:

> Another one (referred to as Abs the press) was

> reported multiple times, thrown out of his mosque

> and pictured with a ISIS flag in Regents Park...

>

He's the same one - the one who was on the Channel 4 documentary about Jihadi's living in Britain. I fail to understand why his preaching and following of such hatred based on extremist religious beliefs is tolerated in a country which is supposed to protect the interests of minority groups such as the LGBT community. We seem to have taken several backward steps allowing such intolerance to become so entrenched. I find it very depressing.

I was quite surprised that anyone could keep up the 'nice neighbour' routine for 3 years.

And rh- as I have frequently said- everything I post is true and from my personal experience of where I have lived and worked - sorry if I spoil your rose-tinted view.

I sometimes wonder if the Ecstasy generation was deliberately allowed to flourish because, as one frequent user I had the misfortune to work with said, 'everyone should take it as it makes you love everything'- might explain why the tolerance is so illogical.

UG - "true" and "from your personal experience" are not the same thing.

You have a track record of being insulting about immigrants - I've struggled to find any post by you where you had something positive to say about them. So hardly surprising if people view you that way.

"Uncleglen - you should definitely take some MDMA, it would do you no end of good."

...and a nice fat reefer to see it out.

Then post.

I've just been up North for a week, hatred of immigrants by relatives and their neighbours is real there too - and also based on 'fact' / 'actual experience' it seemed.

Hideous, wretched and tragic as it all is, it's great also to be able to celebrate the spirit of everyone who fought back, defended and protected others or just showed defiance and carried on - the diners who threw tables and glasses, the waiters who barricaded doors and everyone who stopped to help someone who was injured.

I'm slightly in love with Roy Larner from Peckham.

Breaking News.

Evidently, one of the London attackers who was known to Police worked for London Underground (last year)

He was trained in Kensington but also worked in Westminster. He was sacked in October for not turning up for work.

He also appeared in an Extremism Documentary. His views were known to the authorities

but he still was not thought to impose a threat.

#Incredible.

DulwichFox