Tent advice/recommendations

ce2011

Hello,

I need to buy a new tent as the only one I've ever purchased and used on one camping trip is battered! It's a 4 person Regatta pop up tent and was quite surprised as I thought it was a good brand, plus I didn't use it much. I'm looking for something similar, min 2 person, for light use and no more than ?70. I've seen a few online at Decathlon site with good reviews and water column (I think that's right). Has anyone purchased one from here before? Good or bad feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks

Camille

Cheap tents are a huge gamble when you're trying to keep yourself and your stuff safe/dry from the elements.

I can't suggest cheap (or at least, as cheap as you advised) tents, but can recommend Coleman tents if you're after a 4man or thereabouts.

Force 10.

20 years ago you could go to Blacks or the YHA shop and get great advice. Sadly they are no longer proper outdoors shops.

Alternatively go to Decathlon or Halfords where you can buy a whole festival camping pack for two and six (pence) and then just leave them behind.