Canon MG6450 printer doesn't work

Saria

Can anyone come and have look at my printer?

Not sure it is possible to fix it but i don't want to spend more than buying a new one. So if there's somenone who can fix it for a reasonable price it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Saria

A class action was brought against Canon in the USA because printers died for no reason.

Mine and my son in law's included.

I posted on another thread a link to a forum full of disgruntled people whose Canon printers no longer printed.

I no longer look at the forum but when I left it was zillions of pages long.

Don't have time to look for it now but will do later if I have time.

Meanwhile, suggest you don't get another Canon.

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You're not saying they've got built in

> obsolescence are you ?

>

> Imagine if that is the case .....OMG and some !!

Will try to find the link.

I'm just wondering why a huge brand like Canon would risk its rep like this

It's not like anyone who buys a printer, would ever buy a Canon product again in light of this

Or go back and replace the same

Mind you, VW comes to mind

Indeed.

I've always had Canon cameras, but never again after this.

I'm amazed it hasn't been more widely publicised. I only found out about it after googling the error message.

My printer was quite an expensive one and I could ill afford to replace it so soon.

I've got an Epson now.

I will never buy a Canon product again. Whatever the underlying cause of the issue, the way the company has dealt with it is disgraceful.

I have had my Canon Pixma ip6600 for nearly ten years and it still works a treat, never had any problems with it! The ink tanks are the biggest rip-off! Luckily mine are used in many different models so I can source replacement copies on eBay for ?1.00!

I guess I must be lucky?

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You're not saying they've got built in

> obsolescence are you ?

>

> Imagine if that is the case .....OMG and some !!

I doubt this is the case. Printers are sold as a loss-leader - companies make their money selling ink. A broken printer gives people to opportunity to change brands, which would be counter-productive.

I think Hanlon's razor is applicable here: ?Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."