Dogs in Bags

Sue

Dachshunds are dogs so if dogs are carried in bags, wouldn't dachshunds be included?

They tend to suffer from back injuries so highly likely you will see one being carried. My own has just had spinal surgery and is travelling around in a pram.

Problem with that Sue?

chuff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dachshunds are dogs so if dogs are carried in

> bags, wouldn't dachshunds be included?

>

> They tend to suffer from back injuries so highly

> likely you will see one being carried. My own has

> just had spinal surgery and is travelling around

> in a pram.

>

> Problem with that Sue?

No, of course I don't have a problem with it! I like dogs, and I hope yours recovers quickly from his or her surgery.

My thread refers first to this:

http://www.inspiremore.com/nyc-subway-banned-dogs-unless-they-fit-in-a-bag/

secondly to the fact that we have lately seen many more dachshunds around than we used to

and thirdly to the fact that when we went to the newly reopened Dog (appropriately) on Friday evening we saw a dachshund being carried in a bag.

She is recovering thanks but will need to be wheeled around for the next 6 weeks. It does look rather ridiculous but is actually a great solution to still being able to walk the very mobile rescue mutt that we also have.

Dashies have short legs and long walks can be hard for them so bags are also a great idea. Not so much for mine as she's one of the larger ones at 12kgs. They have become more popular recently as they're great dogs so I can see why lots have them, but I wouldn't have another, not now I know how much they can suffer.

They suffer from something called ivdd along with other chondrodystrophic breeds (beagles, bassets etc). It's really painful for them and unbelievably expensive surgery. Supervet at just under 6k for ours....

On a lighter note, some people carry the very small ones in bags to sneak them into places, not just dachshunds though, many small breeds.

A lot of dogs are carried in bags because of breathing problems and the inability to walk far

comfortably. I think it's disgusting breeding animals for a specific look, knowing the health

problems that goes with the flat face etc.

Sue, although you may have posted regarding your link, which is not in your original post, it is

hard to ignore the problem of dogs bred for some

People who think its cute or whatever they feel, to want to carry a dog around that is often disabled.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/652855/Cruel-cost-pedigree-dog-breeding-Crufts-2016