Is it just me or are the threads becoming more banal?

malumbu

Eg I saw somebody pass wind in the street. How dreadful.

Yes I agree. Isn't modern life dreadful.

I have to stop myself from making sarcky (aka witty) comments. But time for a serious debate as the great Mrs Merton Merton (RIP) would say. Has Malumbu got a point? Or should he just get back in his box.

It would be nice to have serious/thoughful comments please - I'll be the first to say that I am setting myself up here. Thanking you.

I actually just dropped in following a moment of boredom and cannot believe how things are on here now. Banal yes, but so many picky little fookers picking arguments with each other and setting up in opposition.

Are many original posters left?

Gonna stick to West Wickham Mums!!

A White van passed by my window about an hour ago.. It was sign written but did not catch what it said.

Also could not read the number plate as I did not have my glasses on because I had left

them upstairs in the bathroom.

My cat is terrified and is now hiding under the shed at the end of our garden.

Who can I report this incident too. ?

I jumped back 10 years by clicking on the 'Go To...Last' link on the Lounge thread headings page, it wasn't too far away, and a couple more clicks later I was there. Not as much fun as using the flux capacitor, but there you go.

I could hear Rihanna's "Umbrella" earworming away as I gazed at how exciting the threads were in those days. In fact it's inspired me to start this year's Wimbledon thread...

Isn't this entire forum mostly banal tripe nowadays? Most of the interesting folk were scared away, most of the intensely interesting disagreements we used to live by are now quashed by PC BS exacerbated by endless dishwater political crap. Even *Bob* left. I say no more.

Louisa.

The forum loses its effect after you've been using it a couple of years, as with most things in life (I would say by late 2009 / early 2010) but as with other things that you really enjoyed for a while you don't leave it alone until you have a really bad reaction.

Personally I'm happy with the low-level threads at the moment after all the terror and political nonsense recently. It means all's basically back to normal.

Forums are so ten years ago anyway.

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I love the banal, in fact the more banal the

> better.

>

> So much so, that I can't remember the name of the

> thread I created on the subject

That was your Laban thread you dyslexic doris - when you were going through your 'expressing-indifference-through-the-medium-of-dance' phase.

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 'd rather the banal than an argument that goes on

> and on and on and on :)

>

> of course there's nothing stopping both.

...oh yes there is...

Most impressed with the quality of threads and posts since I set this thread up. Well done all. And please do see my other threads, the one asking for advice on gents shorts is a particularly impressive one.

So the council is planning to erect a new bus stop on a new route and have three options. An upper class area, a middle class area, and a working class area. They need to canvas local opinion so go door knocking. They start in the upper class area, no wait a minute, they don't have buses in upper class areas.

So they go to the working class area, knock on the door and get a bloody nose. So finally to the middle class area where the householder is very charming. And then complains afterwards to their other half and writes a letter of complaint (fast foward from when the illustrative story was first told to me, and replace letter with e-mail, tweet or community chat room).

Anyway people in glass houses etc as I have been guilty of the latter.