Help with "Shrink One Page" - Word 2016

Sue

I am trying to put the Shrink One Page icon on my Word toolbar, but despite going through the process shown in Office support, the option isn't shown in the "All Commands" list (it jumps from "show/'hide editing marks" to "side to side" - see attached screenshot)

I'm sure there's some simple thing I've missed, eg a drop-down menu, but can anybody help as I've already spent too much time on it this morning :(

In the past I've done it through "Tell me what you want to do" , but that's just ridiculously slow when I could just click on an icon.

Thanks.

Hello Sue,

I have Office 2016 and this option does not show. Below are the instructions for 2007, 2010 2013.

Looking at your screenshot you have navigated by the view tab!

Start Word.

Click the File tab, click Options, and then click Customize Ribbon.

In the Choose commands from drop-down list, select All Commands.

Scroll through the list until you reach Shrink One Page, and then click it.

Thanks I will have a look, but I didn't navigate via view.

I think I clicked on view in case there was some additional option there when I couldn't find what I was looking for in the list!

ETA: OK I have done that.

There is nothing on that list between "Shrink font" and "Size" :(

No "Shrink one page" that I can see ....

Hi Sue

Here is a short Video on how to do this.

Having said that could not find it in my Word 2016 version.

I'm using Windows 10 and many things don't seem to work that should.

Basically Click the little down 'V' at top of page..

Select More Commands

Select from dropdown select All Commands and select shrink one page

Hope that helps

Foxy

Hello Sue

I I have finally found out how to do this!!1. Open up a document go to the layout tab, type "shrink one page" in the "tell me what you want to do" field, right-click and choose the option you want!!

Ian

Hi yes I know how to do it that way, which is more or less how I have been doing it up to now, but I want to know how to put an icon on the bar so I don't have to go through all that:)

Inbound Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As you right click on the option select "Add to

> quick access toolbar" Job done

That works.. To set it up you need to create a 2 page document which you do not need to save.

If you don't create a 2 page document you will get an error message.

Foxy

Sue Wrote:

> Well obviously because if you don't have a two

> page document there will be nothing to shrink to

> one page :)

Well its not obvious because you are just Setting Up the facility to the Ribbon.

Once set up the option will still show up in the Ribbon regardless of how many pages there are in the current document.

You do not need to go through the procedure every time.

Foxy

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Well obviously because if you don't have a two

> > page document there will be nothing to shrink

> to

> > one page :)

>

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Well its not obvious because you are just Setting

> Up the facility to the Ribbon.

> Once set up the option will still show up in the

> Ribbon regardless of how many pages there are in

> the current document.

>

> You do not need to go through the procedure every

> time.

>

> Foxy

In order to set it up, Foxy, you need to have an appropriate document to use it on, ie more than one page, because that's how this set up process works.

And of course you don't need to go through the procedure every time, because that's the whole point of putting an icon on the quick access toolbar.

And of course the icon will always show on the ribbon regardless of whether you need to use it or not, once you've put it there!!!

Thanks Inbound.

I found I could only right-click on the option once it had become "recently used" in the "tell me what you want to do" space, as the first time it just performed the shrinking immediately before I could right-click on it, but other than that it was very straightforward.