ok..... so Boris (mayor).............

AllforNun

He seems to have faced up to big issues of our times and dealt with them.

Not being able to have a quick tipple on the tube was a major social problem that he's stamped on.

And today he's solved the problem of cyclists being flattened by cars, by giving us the equal chance of being mowed down by a moterbike.

Cheers Boris.

Hi,

Bikes are good and a nice form of transport. Please someone tell me why they only have lights to the front and rear. They cut across the front of you and then get annoyed because you have not seen them. as in all forms of transport make sure you can be seen from all sides!

regards,

Libra Carr.

LibraCarr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi,

>

> Bikes are good and a nice form of transport.

> Please someone tell me why they only have lights

> to the front and rear. They cut across the front

> of you and then get annoyed because you have not

> seen them. as in all forms of transport make sure

> you can be seen from all sides!

> regards,

> Libra Carr.

I think you'll find that cars and vans etc also only have lights from the front and rear.

The point is that if you looked, and saw what you were looking at, and then made your brain register what you were seeing of what you were looking at, you'd see (and hear, if you don't have your Radio/Phone/iPod on loud) me coming. I don't become invisible even in the dark when I cross your path. The lights are still on shining in front of me.

Wasn't there a previous BorisWatch thread?

Just to remind folks, the reason why Boris allowed motorcycles to ride in TfL bus lanes is because over the last 2 years or so an experiment has been going on, on A13, A23 and A41 to do just that. Whilst the results of the test were not widely publicised, it did show that there was no greater risk to cyclists, and just as importantly, bikers were thus safer and less accidents occurred as a result. Ken saw this result, sh@ himself, and gave in to the Cycling lobby. The report was suppressed, though leaked. Boris, however, has a slightly more analytical mind and is (so far and we hope forever more) refusing to be swerved by lobbyists (such as Green Party Assembly Member Jenny Jones whose in depth analytical argument against this measure was, "Bikes are scary for us").

Hence we are allowed in TfL bus lanes.

I did not vote him in. But I disagreed with the idea of the congestion charge running to Ken and Chelsea, and disagreed with bendy busses on our small roads as they are a danger for cyclists and bikers.

So I have to concur that so far he's doing all right. But I do believe he has agreed a whole load of financial cut backs though I know not who or what will be affected by that.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

He has spent more than ?9 million ... ?17.4 million spent by his predecessor on consultants

That leaves a fair bit.

The sum included hefty pay-offs to former members of Mr Livingstone's team. Eight of the former mayor's closest ?cronies? are understood to have received sums totalling ?1.6 million after Mr Livingstone changed the rules before he lost the election