where can I get compatible charger for macbook 2012?

Minitoots

My son needs to get a new charger for 13" macbookpro circa 2012 - has been using a compatible non apple brand one for the last 2 years but the lead has now worn out. Can anyone recommend a good make that is less expensive than Apple's? He knows there is a chance it could damage the macbook but it's out of warranty now anyway...

So called 'Compatible' chargers are not recommended. They can be Lethal. a real fire risk and also a real

risk of electrocution.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/29/article-0-1B7B3C15000005DC-634_638x399.jpg

Spend an extra Tenner and buy the real thing.

If your house burns down, it will cost you a lot more.

DulwichFox

Where's the lead worn out? Mine went near the connector, I just bought this lead on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/262911926125?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=45058378713&rlsatarget=pla-325405051090&abcId=1128926&adtype=pla&merchantid=115209759&poi=&googleloc=1006886&device=c&campaignid=856845788&crdt=0 and an electrics-savvy mate just cut the cable and spliced them together, so still have the original Mac charger so no dodgy copy fire risk.

Minitoots, I had a replacement from eBay, a dealer in South Norwood - it burnt out within days, so he replaced it, and the same thing happened. He refunded.

I only just ! two days ago wiped the pics from my phone or would have been happy to show them. I bought a new one from the Apple Shop in Bromley, all's well. It is an expense, but necessary. I am careful with both mac and cable, treat them gently, like the thoroughbreds they are.