Songs to break up to

malumbu

Thinking of songs for my funeral took me back to my teenage years when the first love of my life so so cruelly dumped me.

On the radio was Wishing on a Star by Rose Royce. Then Dance the Body Music by Osibisa - the next line is "it will make you happy", cheering me up slightly.

Then in the 6th form common room "Changes" by Black Sabbath.

Later was "Spread your Wings and Fly Away" by Queen.

What was your song/s?

Music doesn't remind me of bad things in a sad way.

Even if I hear music from a difficult time, I remember how much I enjoyed listening to it at the time and how much it cheered me up then.

Although, Faithless Ft. Estelle got me through a very difficult time and holds a special place in my soul. Couldn't NOT dance to it.

Probably didn't title this very well - as much about reminiscing and remembering good times as well as bad! My experience above is very much water under the bridge and not for the older reader Tony Blackburn pleading for Tessa Wyatt to return to him, on live radio. But music does take me back to other times. In fact Music was my first love. And it will be my last. To live without my music Would be impossible to do. In this world of troubles, My music pulls me through.

Patience Red Devil, John Miles was going up the Groovy Fookers thread at the weekend.

Chicago - that is another thread, songs that we smmoched to, which would have been joined by Not in Love by 10cc and for some some strange reason we'd finish with Stairway to Heaven

Smooch I meant.

Great posting by Jah Lush on the groovy fookers thread - Jonathan Richman - That Summer Feeling. Great fan of JR but not familiar with the song, but almost had a tear when I heard it and that certainly talk me back to when I was a teenager in love.