Why did the chicken cross the road-innit?

Seabag

Why did the chicken (painted rooster) cross the road-innit?

To get to the other side and take up residency on the corner.

It'll be 'something for everyone' I hear and not just the much derided middle classes.

And there's one opening my way soon I hear, but much further down on Kirkdale corner, of which I'm pretty chuffed about.

Let the feather spitting and the lip smacking begin.

Discuss

Why the gnomics? Are you the first stage of a viral campaign?

Meanwhile: from the Planning Statement at http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk/documents/?casereference=17/AP/2951&system=DC:

The Council stated that one of the reasons for refusal of 16/AP/1315 was that ?The loss of the retail unit (Class A1) within this protected shopping frontage would increase the number of non-retail uses to an unacceptable level resulting in material harm to the retail character and vitality of the shopping parade, contrary to Strategic Policy 3 'Shopping, leisure and entertainment' of the Core Strategy (2011) and Saved Policy 1.9 'Change of use within protected shopping frontages' Southwark Plan 2007.?

4.5 The intention of this application is to apply for this same change of use from Class A1 retail unit to Class A3 restaurant/caf?, but to provide robust evidence to demonstrate that the loss of the retail unit would not lead to material harm to the retail character and vitality of the shopping frontage.

Bird flu you mean ?

In all fairness that shop isn't exactly thrilling or greatly contributory to the area, is it?

It's a sitting target for such planning action. Some might see it as an improvement even. Where's our local mouth of the South/Iceland campaigner when you need her.

#ChickenForThePeople

You're a Sydenham resident but clearly more familiar than me with the numbering of LL even after decades here. What/whose are the premises you're talking about? And what and how do you know of the identity of its prospective new occupiers?

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You're a Sydenham resident but clearly more familiar than me with the numbering of LL even

> after decades here. What/whose are the premises you're talking about?

Londis.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Ha ha - let's hear this spun as middle class

> pointless tat !

It'll be the new Sea Cow, where chips and wine can be consumed and children can misbehave/be free whilst parents 'relax'. Only the chicken eating demographic of Nando's will be cheek by jowl on this one.

The more I think about it, the more it's appealing to me. Healthy chicken and bottomless cups of fizzy drinks, what's not to like. The one at Beckenham does a roaring trade, we go there often, sometimes more than twice a year.

Chicken liver bun, most delicious.

Nandos.

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/scoredetails.aspx?ProductId=515298

If anyone is actually interested in their ccmmittment to be socially and environmentally responsbible.

Lets not mention the fact that they use factory processed chickens.... "that do get natural sunlight, but we have to consider costs"

Nice.

It's becoming properly boring along there now.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Can't wait to ""be seen" there, may even buy some

> food if I'm going to all that effort.

I'm just going to stand in the queue, get to the front, then go to the back of the queue again.

Much better chance of being seen that way I think.