When is it too early to make noise in the morning?

malumbu

I'm not an early riser but should be out of bed by 7.30 in the week. If builders start before 8 I know that I can raise this with the council. But there are regular annoyances from before 6 am that wake me and make me grumpy.

The motorbike at 6. You don't need to warm modern engines up any more! So leaving it idling for 2 minutes is infuriating.

The guy who'd set his bally car alarm of every morning. Fortunately moved away.

Planes - can't do anything about this and not sure if it is the prevailing wind or they switch flight paths as this isn't every day. Brockley has it worse.

Skip lorries - always seem to be well before 8. Not so bad recently but the one that faffed around for half an hour one Saturday morning was faffing annoying.

And the the irony, the two sources that really annoy me are the council. Bin lorries at around 7.15 (what time do they start?) And the bloke that goes through a spate of Thursday mornings scraping the curb. Why do you do it at the same time? Do you really need to scrape the curb three weeks in a row? Is this job creation? Do you scrape other people's curbs or just mine?

Anyway interested to hear other's views. I've had the unsocialbe neighbours before and probably have been pretty unsociable in the past so he without sin etc.

Skip lorries - bane of my life. They are in breach of their Southwark licence conditions if they place or remove from highway before 8am. Complain to Highways team and they will follow up with company. Done it several times and has made a difference...!

I share all of these irritations I'm afraid. I try not to be cross as it's "all part of living Ina city" but doesn't stop it waking me up.

Other annoyances:

- the neighbour who needs to be in City v early and has a black cab come for him at 6am which sits with engine running whilst it waits

- the neighbour who drives a large diesel,people carrier and leaves for work at 530 only after packing his van, slamming the back doors and side sliding doors as he loads his tools...

But all lovely people so guess small price to pay..

someone parks every morning early before I'm up. I only realise when they lock their car and for some reason their car alarm goes off - possibly some kind of fault. Just can't figure which car it is as alarm is only on for a few secs each time - long enough to wake me the feck up.

Tomorrow I'm waiting outside for them, if you don't hear from me you know it went bad.

• 3 weeks later...

neighbours gardening at 8am on a saturday morning!!!!! or playing loud music on weekend in the mornings!! ( crappy music at that)

OR the sound of 'chickens' coming from your neighbours garden! i cant see them but i can hear them! and yes chickens in dulwich! i know right?! but hey! best of both worlds! the city feel with a little hint of the suburbs with chicken noises EVERY MORNING!!

rant over

mimifantasia87 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> im moaning i know! but at 8am with A RELALY LOUD

> MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on a saturday!! at

> least wait until 9am!!

I'm right though (unusually) - dig the weeds up and do the

borders before 9:00 AM and use the hedge trimmers/lawn mowers

etc after.

My neighbour takes his bike out through our noisy, shared security gate at about 6.30. It goes plink plink plink plink plink CLUNK (if he gets the code right first time), CRASH the gate into the brickwork feet from my bed, then CLANG as he slams it shut again.

Also binmen at crack of dawn on a Monday. Followed ten minutes later by the other binmen.

there is a navy blue skip lorry that has no distinguishing logo and it delivered at 0730....the actual skip had MJB written on the side but I could not find the company. They are obviously trying to elude the council. Could not see the vehicle registration unfortunately.