Is 'The Clique' no more?...

red devil

I've known for a while that a couple of long-term regular posters have decided to stop posting on the forum...cold turkey permitting.

But what I've just realised is that this could be part of a bigger 'suicide pact' cell. So far Missing in Action since the summer we have...

Jah Lush

Jeremy

Otta

steveo

????

Have they been radicalised by a rival forum? Perhaps enticed away with promises of becoming moderators, or in Jah's case a bottle of JD and a packet of Marlboro's.

This is serious. Remember, just like the ravens of the Tower of London, once Otta leaves the Forum, the end is nigh.

We need to find them!...

Jezza's last post...

Re: Le Chardon Sold

Posted by Jeremy July 04, 04:32PM

The forum has become a farce... I understand that whenever a new business opens, the first thing their neighbours usually say to them is "don't even bother looking at the forum". It's a shame because it used to be a valuable forum. Now it's just a joke, with the same old faces spouting illogical nonsense, that you can't even argue with because THEY JUST MAKE NO BLOODY SENSE AT ALL...

Quite an apt thread to bow out on. Independence day too. The signs were there!...

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never mind posters, what about threads MIA? Has

> the Curry Club been disbanded or gone underground?

Not met since Feb 2017. and very sparse in 2016.

Though I've spotted a few of the hard core dining in Private.

Selective few.

Foxy

The plot thickens. And if Michael P's last post isn't code for Once one gives away one's Billy bookcase, one has given up on life* then I don't know what is.

Free: Billy bookcase, birch veneer new

Posted by Michael Palaeologus July 29, 09:41AM

One of these:

[www.ikea.com]

Taker collects from ED Road area.

Please PM

*What Samuel Johnson would've said had he been alive today

Louisa Wrote:

> I think they've all just given up the ghost with

> this forum. We have a new clique now anyway......

>

> Louisa.

They realised they could not break The Fox and had nothing else to post about.

Do you hear Woodwork creaking..? Lol

DulwichFox

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> Could also be that forums have had their day. Most

> people have moved on to social media.

Is there an East Dulwich Facebook (for example) page?

I know there is one for Nunhead which seems to be quite widely used.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> I dunno. I always felt that sense of an inner

> circle left a lot of people feeling like outsiders

> and as though they had less right to speak.

> Perhaps it will become more welcoming.

>

> Could also be that forums have had their day. Most

> people have moved on to social media.

That happened with my old favourite rugby forum (gwladrugby.com)a few years ago now.

(it did return under a new name)

Anyway if you go write a nice goodby letter - like this one to Trump - note the first letter in each paragraph

https://twitter.com/dan_kammen/status/900360794231013376/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2017%2F08%2F23%2Fpolitics%2Fscience-envoy-impeach-resignation-letter%2Findex.html