Boiler Advice

LUVED

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right area to post, so I apologise in advance if it?s the wrong one.

Looking for consumer advise/guidance/experience on buying a new system boiler. Unfortunately mine has seen the last of it?s days and I now need a new one. Problem is that my current (now dead) boiler is only 480mm in height which fits neatly into a cupboard in the kitchen. I have searched and searched and spoken to boiler makers and it would seem in the last 15 years, whilst everything has been getting smaller, boilers have gone the other way and got larger (in height) over this time.

I do want decent boiler, but if I don?t have to, I really don?t want to have to pay out extra on cabinet work to make it neat and fit into my fitted kitchen. I am also reluctant at moving the position of said boiler due to extra cost involved. TBH I don?t think I would be able to get a replacement kitchen cabinet anyway as the company who installed my kitchen is no longer around. So looking to see if anybody else has faced this quandary and how they overcome it.

Many thanks in advance,

LuvED

It's not really the right place but no-one seems to mind these days. Firstly don't use British Gas they charge around ?3000 to fit a boiler and seem to think they are doing you a favour. You can buy something like a Worcester Bosch for around ?750 and I got my local 'go to' man Kevin to fit it and he charged a very reasonable ?300 and it took him the best part of a day. So if you go down this route it would be cost effective to get a new cupboard fitted with all the 'savings' you make . Kevin's number in case you wanted it is 07713 589937. He's a lovely bloke who reads the Guardian and likes jazz....