Travelling to Covent Garden

siousxiesue

I travel in rush hour every day. Coming home I often walk to elephant and castle and pick up the bus from there as it saves all the aldwych/Waterloo traffic. I don't find it too much of a pain though usually? And at least on the bus you can get off and walk if traffic is poo. I hate getting stuck on trains.

I work near the RCJ a couple of days a week ,and get the Denmark Hill train to Blackfriars and if I'm lazy, jump on the tube to Temple, then walk up. Depending which end of Covent Garden you are, you could walk from Temple or Embankment which would only be 10 mins. I'm paying for an Oyster anyway, so the tube journey doesn't cost me any extra.

Huggers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wow has the long-missed lost rail link between

> London bridge and Charing Cross been restored

> without me even noticing?!

Yep, since the end of August 2016. As I mentioned above there were restrictions for the first year, with trains leaving CX not stopping at London Bridge in the morning peak and those passing through London Bridge towards CX not stopping between 4.30pm and 6pm. Now, since early September, trains scheduled to stop are doing so in both directions at all times.

The link to Cannon Street should be restored in January 2018 and all work completed by ?Spring? 2018.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I also strongly agree. My third daughter was lucky enough to get a place and it’s been the  most wonderful experience. The staff are simply amazing and truly care and love the children. I wish my older two children had been lucky enough to attend. 
    • Halfmoon Montessori is simply amazing. Staff are so loving and nurturing. My daughter loves it there. They usually close at 3pm as they work with the local schools in the area but now offer wrap around care on some days. 
    • Frank Field -  a decent politician.   Frank Field, Baron Field of Birkenhead - Wikipedia
    • The alternative would be to let them free, to be predated on and without parents to teach them the necessities of survival. Clearly this is an unhelpful model of instruction, but, given the ducklings have been born and will not survive without parental care (unless they are hand reared in the school - which I doubt has the capacity of skill for this) then gassing them is the most 'humane' action. The school should perhaps have thought through what is the likely outcome for ducklings which are not being reared by either skilled farmers or ducks. I suspect that the duckings would not be saleable to farmers having been initially born and raised in circumstances which were not sterile for introduction into larger flocks. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In