Is GWR failing?

Robert Poste's Child

Hereabouts we tend to be preoccupied with Southern and the last four-plus years of London Bridge, but a while back I had to use GWR a couple of times and it has been a nightmare - massive delay to the journey, hopeless communication and a refund process that has taken over 90 days and counting. All contacts with them just lead to being fobbed off as far as I can see, and although they ask for feedback after they respond they certainly don't appear to act on it. I'm seething. Not sure whether they're cynical, incompetent or about to collapse. Anyone else know how to get them to take any action?

Who knows? British Rail was awful. GWR are awful.

The problem with any monopoly - private or nationalised - is that they don't need to try. Sometimes, they do (TFL are very good, I travel with Virgin East Coast a bit and they are fine).

But too often they don't.

The Great Western lines is supposed to be electrified to Cardiff and new hybrid trains purchased - they use diesel after Cardiff.

Anyway the bigwigs got a taste of their own medicine on the very first hybrid train run.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/new-train-set-run-between-13767501

Actually the Guardian describes it better (leaks too) .. nice coloured train though (it's the original livery)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/16/delays-and-drips-mark-great-western-railways-new-train-launch