Wheel bolt key broken, can't get my wheels off

malumbu

A certain high street tyre retailer, that may or may not be close by, may or may not have rounded off the key that is used to take off the locking wheel bolt on my Citroen. They may or may not have been at fault but definitely weren't prepared to take any remedial action.

A more helpful garage got the wheel off with brute force, but I do not wish to trash the remaining locking bolts.

Done lots of research - most of the services offered involve trashing the locking bolts. Other brands you can order on line but Citroen seem to be different. I have the key code but a dealer had replaced the original ones years ago so these are not matched to the VIN plate so the manufacturer may not be able to help. I am raising this with them further (oh the story goes on and on, for want of a nail a country was lost).

Practical suggestions please? Anyone got a box of Peugeot/Citroen wheel nut keys? Cheap on ebay but not matched to my code.

Well you lot are a load of help. Funnily enough I have some dialogue with the manufacturer about diagnostics. Its a lump of metal you muppets, with a code on it, not a piece of solid state electronics. Perhaps nobody under 35 knows about the none-virtual world. If you all ask nicely I'll keep you posted.