Best route over river without entering congestion zone?

Robert Poste's Child

RPC, might be worth giving this a try (I use it for the M11).

Get over to and through Rotherhithe Tunnel, round to and through Limehouse Link Tunnel,out on the A13 to A406 (NCR) and follow that to the A10, which if I remember correctly is the next junction after the M11. The route is "tidal flow" and I normally get to M11 in about 40mins, depending on how clear the traffic is to the Rotherhithe Tunnel.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks. I had no idea that Vauxhall Bridge and

> Park Lane were outside it; thought it was extended

> as far as Kensington a few years back.

It was going to be but Boris kyboshed the western extension, but even if it had come in it was planned to keep that corridor open and charge free.

Thanks.

And another thing: why does car hire have to be so complicated and intimidating? It's like dating a psychopath: they start off sounding open and attractive, and as soon as you choose them you're sucked into a sh1tstorm of bad things that might or might not happen, with the implication that unless you pay for everything they suggest they're going to get you one way or another. I saw one with an UNLIMITED excess that you have to agree to up front - goodness knows how they take that off your credit card.

I've had a few conversations about this recently with people who didn't realise that you can drive through central London CCharge free - Vauxhall Bridge/Victoria/Park Lane/Edgeware Road. Useful to know.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks. I had no idea that Vauxhall Bridge and

> Park Lane were outside it; thought it was extended

> as far as Kensington a few years back.

>

> I'll be heading for the A10 but otherwise that

> would be a useful route from here.