Sainsburys Dog Kennel Hill

ozzy

I'm a little bit miffed at this store , I just bought a four pack of diet coca cola , sat down to drink one at home at it didn't taste right , checked the date and was disgusted to see it said 31- January -2017 . I called the store and they played it down saying its probably just a misprint !

On another occasion I was buying a choose your own topping pizza and was shocked to see the girl making the pizza wasn't wearing gloves , her fingers were all over the base and she rearranged the ham using her hands , I mentioned it to her only to be told they don't wear gloves , I thought that was a basic hygiene requirement .

I can't comment on their hygiene but I did speak to the manager once after seeing a mouse running around one of the aisles in the middle of the day.

You also have to watch that the price at the till is the same as the one on the shelf. Customer Services will refund you the difference but it always seems wrong to me. Not as bad as Superdrug, though, where it seems to be part of their business model.

• 5 weeks later...

We have spent a consideable amount of money in this store over the last six weeks and sure we are not alone in this.

However, checking receipts, we have found, twice, mistakes. On one receipt we were overcharged four times (four items duplicated) and receipts difficult to decipher when buying reduced items.

I watch the amounts rung and often find 'reduced' items do not register at the checkout. Mistakes made at the checkout and noticed immediately necessitate a queue at the Customer Services.

Where do locals shop as an alternative to this lacklustre store?

We are concerned that meat is sold with the sell by date current, despite assurances that it is legal to do so -

I check everything now. Buying cheese, we found the sell by dates varied by over 10 days, and cream also bore a current date.

Be vigilant good citizens, happy shopping.

Saw it happen today, lady bought a number of bags of price reduced oranges and was at customer services to get her bill adjusted. Likewise butter was on offer on the shelf but not registered at the till as being on offer so a wait in the queue at customer services who promptly corrected the error.

This is going back to how they operated at that store a few years ago hence having shopped elsewhere till recently. Always check your receipt after coming through checkout.

Suggest if you use Morrisons self check out tills in Peckham you Carefully check your change as it is Regularly Wrong and needs correcting always in our favour not theirs.

The last sales at M&S in Croydon the tills weren't recognising the reduced prices. I wondered how many people thought they'd got a bargain because they hadn't checked their bills. I held up the queue because I noticed nothing had come through at the advertised price. I think the excuse was something about no-one re-setting the tills.